Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Mon March 16th, 2009, 4:43 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Getting the puppy we want! See avatar for details.

Soo cute, LoveHistory! You have to post more pics!! We want to see more of her or him!! :D
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Mon March 16th, 2009, 5:20 pm

What a cute pup!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon March 16th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Thanks. She arrived today and she's just the sweetest thing. Very laidback. Thought the baby might be afraid of her (she can't stand our neighbors' little dog) but Emmy walks right up to her and barely strokes that soft fur, then runs off smiling and chattering.

I won't be able to post new pics for a while...no digital camera. But I'll see about posting some of the ones her breeder sent me.

Now to figure out her name...

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Fri March 20th, 2009, 5:20 pm

My PC was fixed today! The engineer who turned up seemed a bit dubious but he fixed it relatively easily. It turned out to be a faulty power supply.

But I had to take a day off work to be at home for it. (I pay a coverplan for the PC but they can't do visits at evenings or weekends, which I think is really poor.) Anyway, not being at work meant that I was able to accompany Dad to his visit to his consultant, which was good. His biopsy samples were unhelpful (long explanation) so he will need a more invasive type of biopsy to get better samples - so we're back where we started in not knowing exactly what we're dealing with!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Fri March 20th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Woke up this morning dizzy (it happens every few years or so), so I had to go to the doctor. But a few minutes ago the UPS man came, and I was able to lurch to the front door to get my author's copies of The Traitor's Wife! (With a nice blurb from Michelle Moran on the back.) They're so pretty!
Susan Higginbotham

Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Fri March 20th, 2009, 7:03 pm

OHHH - congratulations (on the book, not the dizziness). I hope you feel better!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat March 21st, 2009, 1:15 am

I'm getting books in one by one that I had already ordered, I love opening a new package of books.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Sun March 22nd, 2009, 4:29 am

"boswellbaxter" wrote:Woke up this morning dizzy (it happens every few years or so), so I had to go to the doctor. But a few minutes ago the UPS man came, and I was able to lurch to the front door to get my author's copies of The Traitor's Wife! (With a nice blurb from Michelle Moran on the back.) They're so pretty!

I get that, but a bit more regularly than every few years! Hope your feeling better today!

Yay on the book BTW!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 12:00 pm

I got an unexpected invitation to an author event in the city tonight. I got to listen to Irish author Cathy Kelly speak. A very pleasant night out!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Postby Ludmilla » Mon March 23rd, 2009, 1:00 pm

The Cherry trees are blooming -- so gorgeous and cheery to look at.

Return to “Chat”