Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed February 18th, 2009, 10:21 am

I went swimming for the first time in ages tonight with my friend. I forgotten how nice it is to walk and talk in the pool.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Maggie
Reader

Postby Maggie » Wed February 18th, 2009, 10:50 am

Having my niece spend the afternoon with me.

MissMarplestein
Reader

Postby MissMarplestein » Wed February 18th, 2009, 3:18 pm

I woke up and was able to wiggle my toes! The sun is shining, the sky is blue and I have a husband I love and adore! It's a good, good day! :)

"I have dreamed thee too long,
never seen thee or touched thee
but known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song,
thou hast always been with me,
though we have been always apart." Man of LaMancha

MissMarplestein

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Wed February 18th, 2009, 5:13 pm

Spotted the first Robin Red Breast.....Spring must be around the corner?.....or maybe the Global Warming is confusing the birds......

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favorite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Postby Carine » Wed February 18th, 2009, 6:04 pm

I've decided I want to do an online course Spanish, there are a few on the net that are free, so I'm going to give it a go.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Fri February 20th, 2009, 10:57 am

Found a new chocolate shop near work - yum!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Fri February 20th, 2009, 8:44 pm

The discovery of a second-hand/newish bookstall in my local market. Seemed to do mainly romances and crime, but I picked up the latest James Patterson and "Gallows thief" for £1.99 each, so not a wasted visit!

Christina
Reader

Postby Christina » Fri February 20th, 2009, 11:43 pm

After all the snow and ice, the first shoots of the the daffodils are out across Temple Newsam. One has to tip toe over them to avoid crushing them, and one day out of the blue, the whole meadow will be awash with them like a great golden flood! It's so lovely to see them beginning to appear, even amid the mud that has drenched the place for so many months :-) And the snowdrops are already here!

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Sat February 21st, 2009, 2:02 pm

I went to a nature reserve last week to see the snowdrops, but we were a bit early as most of them still hadn't opened! But they still looked pretty though. The daffs are beginning to come out now so hopefully that will be a spectacular display in a few weeks' time.

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Sat February 21st, 2009, 9:52 pm

Just spent a lovely two hours basking in sixty degree sunshine in one of the small natural clearings among my few acres of mountain laurel. As I kicked back in my folding camp chair with bare toes dangling over the footrest and with my iPod providing the musical portion of the lazy afternoon, I noticed a large hawk circling overhead catching a thermal. Those birds are so wonderful and such things of beauty. Then another one joined in and they got a little closer. I started getting a little bit worried. I wasn’t quite so sure they were hawks anymore. Just how relaxed and laid back did I look? I moved around a bit to convince them that I was still breathing. It worked.
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Return to “Chat”