Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Wed January 21st, 2009, 9:23 am

"diamondlil" wrote:I had a very pleasant day out today. Firstly I spent time with my sister and nephew, and then we went out for lunch in one of the 'village' areas near us. Then we spent some time in a couple of craft stores, and then I bought my son a new DS which he is very excited about (he saved more than half of the cost so it has been a while coming now), and then I went and got a manicure.

Now I am ready for a nap, and to relax for a while.

Days like that are the kind that get you through aren't they? :)
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri January 23rd, 2009, 1:32 pm

I think we finally found a place that we want to buy, it needs a little work but it's way out in the country and not that expensive compared to other listing around it. Seller really wants to move it I guess.

KingEricCantona7
Scribbler

Postby KingEricCantona7 » Fri January 23rd, 2009, 3:39 pm

One of my friends told me to youtube the Bo Selecta Bear and I wouldn't be disappointed and he was right. Now I have to find a way to watch full episodes here in the US.

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Fri January 23rd, 2009, 8:20 pm

well the lunch date went great in all aspects so another was planned.

Short story of why this is great> my mother in law & sister in law are as close as well lets just say peas in a pod and well a third wheel is always kicked to the curb aka me, also my sister in law two years ago said something that was totally uncalled for about my father and mother and my oldest daughter(not my husbands biological child if you get the drift) so I reacted by cutting all ties to her for at least a year and a half, christmas was the frst time we were under the same roof but it went ok nothing personal was said and so today went the same. Sometimes it sucks to be the bigger person ecspecially when you know that a few weeks from now it'll be the same as before, but for the childern had such fun today so it was worth it

chuck
Bibliophile

fixer uppers

Postby chuck » Sat January 24th, 2009, 6:00 am

:cool:
"nona" wrote:I think we finally found a place that we want to buy, it needs a little work but it's way out in the country and not that expensive compared to other listing around it. Seller really wants to move it I guess.

This our 2nd fixer upper....It can be a bonding experience......and at times it will test/stretch your relationship.....main thing is to try to keep things in perspective....one thing/project at a time etc....neat thing is..... when it's finished....you can enjoy your accomplishment.........Have fun and good luck......

Maggie
Reader

Postby Maggie » Sat January 24th, 2009, 10:30 am

It's the weekend and I need to chill......

donroc
Compulsive Reader

Postby donroc » Sat January 24th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Only 8:10 AM, I received notice of a positive review for Rocamora on The Deepening World of Fiction site by a reviewer for HNS magazine. I am expecting a separate review by another reader for the May issue. Nice way to begin the day.
User signature picture

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6OtI&feature=channel_page

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Sat January 24th, 2009, 1:31 pm

"chuck" wrote: :cool:

This our 2nd fixer upper....It can be a bonding experience......and at times it will test/stretch your relationship.....main thing is to try to keep things in perspective....one thing/project at a time etc....neat thing is..... when it's finished....you can enjoy your accomplishment.........Have fun and good luck......

we built our house in Kansas ourselves from the ground up so I know what you mean and I'm just happy about the price, working in the credit card industry I see where the economy is headed and I do not want to have any debt if possible and this place if we get it will be paid off in four years or so. Plus being in the country we plan on raising some of our own food so it'll cut some costs for us at the same time. let's just hope with an 60-70 mile drive to work one way that the gas prices don't sky rocket like they did.

chuck
Bibliophile

Postby chuck » Sat January 24th, 2009, 3:38 pm

I applaud your lifestyle.....I still have my Hippie values and they tend to get me in trouble....especially in the political arena.....Your homebuilding skills are way ahead of us....and if you can do all that and live debt free and ....Can't get much better than that....When do you find time to read and watch films?

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Postby Ariadne » Sat January 24th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Congrats, donroc, do you have a link to the review? I found the website but didn't see it posted yet.

I'm pleased because, as of 11pm last night, the proofs and indexes for my book are done and mailed off. Although the writing has been enjoyable, it's been a two-year process, and I'm really looking forward to having my life back!

Return to “Chat”