Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue September 16th, 2008, 10:40 pm

Seller of the books I won yesterday realized she overcharged me for S/H from Eastern Canada and refunded me some money. It's always refreshing when the sellers are honest like that, otherwise I would've had no clue whatsoever!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Tue September 16th, 2008, 11:27 pm

That's sweet! Yeah that totally rocks when they do that.

I have power on in my house! after 2 days of no power (and water because I'm on a well) I can stop living like those victorian people I always read about. ;)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue September 16th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Ok, did I miss something? How'd you lose your power?!

I always refund if I overcharge for shipping if it's a few dollars or more.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed September 17th, 2008, 3:10 am

massive windstorm. I had to shower at my mother's house.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.

http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Wed September 17th, 2008, 4:38 am

Mums Visa has been granted! We went to the dept of Immigration yesterday to pay in a large cheque, and got the parking fine in the process....then this morning in my emails is one saying she is now a permanent visa holder! All the running around and hard work has paid off!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed September 17th, 2008, 4:42 am

"pat" wrote:Mums Visa has been granted! We went to the dept of Immigration yesterday to pay in a large cheque, and got the parking fine in the process....then this morning in my emails is one saying she is now a permanent visa holder! All the running around and hard work has paid off!

Yeah! Way to go Pat, and yeah mom!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed September 17th, 2008, 10:32 am

"pat" wrote:Mums Visa has been granted! We went to the dept of Immigration yesterday to pay in a large cheque, and got the parking fine in the process....then this morning in my emails is one saying she is now a permanent visa holder! All the running around and hard work has paid off!

Wooo-hoooo!

My best thing is for tomorrow night really! I am going to go and see the musical Wicked! Yay!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Year That Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Wed September 17th, 2008, 11:49 am

Ooooh, enjoy it, Diamondlil. I loved the book and I would absolutely love to see the show.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Wed September 17th, 2008, 12:11 pm

"diamondlil" wrote:Wooo-hoooo!

My best thing is for tomorrow night really! I am going to go and see the musical Wicked! Yay!

Oooo! Some of my daughters dance school friends have been to see it! They say it was....wicked! Have a great time!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Wed September 17th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Sunday and Monday were great. We had glorious weather at the weekend, and on Sunday I met some former and current colleagues for a very relaxed lunch in the sunshine near the South Bank, where there was a fun festival going on.

On Monday evening, I met an old university friend and we went to see a gig by a band that we were into back then and who have just re-formed: Scottish band Hue and Cry. We had a wonderful time and then came back and chatted for ages. (and now I have a sore throat!!)

Return to “Chat”