Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri August 3rd, 2012, 6:56 pm

As if this month has not put me under enough pressure, this week I received an urgent call to follow up after a medical exam. Today, we confirmed there was nothing of concern. Three days of wigging, over. Now for a lie down before I run a quick errand and then mow the grass.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Fri August 3rd, 2012, 7:41 pm

Glad you're OK, Diane!
Currently reading "How to stop time" by Matt Haig & "The Miller's Dance" by Winston Graham

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Thu August 9th, 2012, 12:50 pm

"DianeL" wrote:As if this month has not put me under enough pressure, this week I received an urgent call to follow up after a medical exam. Today, we confirmed there was nothing of concern. Three days of wigging, over. Now for a lie down before I run a quick errand and then mow the grass.

Glad everything worked out! How is the kitty??

I'm finally on the mend I think! Two weeks of this crap was a real downer!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Fri August 10th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Madeleine and Brenna, thank you.

I worked from home today, got some good stuff done, and had a kit purring in my ear. Not the worst workday!

Gossamer is a very easygoing, playful, funny, and good kid. He's just so NICE. It was possibly "too soon" in some ways, after losing Siddy, to get a new pet, but the stresses of this month haven't done wonders for my judgment. Fortunately, I seem to have been blessed in this little guy. I can see giggling over his soft hide for a LONG time to come. My little velvet-pawed sweety.

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Sat August 11th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Today is the first day I haven't woken up with a fever! Yay!! Other than a cough that is more annoying than serious, everything seems to be on its way out! Yay!!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue August 14th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Glad to hear it, Brenna!

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Wed August 15th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Oh Brenna I am glad to hear you're on the mend!

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Sat August 25th, 2012, 3:53 pm

The cuddliest, snuggliest kitten in the history of EVER is all warm and soft and adorable and sweet-smelling and lovin' on me today. It's rainy and thundery outside, but I don't believe we are in for dire consequences around here.

A dark, rainy day, a dear baby boy, nowhere I must go, good old movies streaming, and a well-behaved laptop to work on my revisions. I am significantly blessed!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Sat August 25th, 2012, 4:40 pm

So cute Diane! Now that Padfoot is 2, he is definitely less in the cuddle mood. Breaks my heart but I'm hoping if we get cold weather, he will be willing to curl up in my lap again. So nice you got a lovable kitty-some of my friends have cats that they hardly ever see.
Brenna

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat August 25th, 2012, 7:24 pm

last night, dinner at friends and then played a game called 'celebrities'. It is a modified form of charades, and we laughed so hard our cheeks hurt all the way home.

Return to “Chat”