Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Mon January 2nd, 2012, 10:29 pm

Amazing story Diane! Enjoy your new furniture!
Brenna

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 2:38 am

Finishing a book. I've been lacking lately.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Sat January 7th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Actually yesterday...my daughter turned 21! We had a small party for her on a cruise boat in NYC harbor. All the young people were special needs friends from school and camp. I've known most for over fifteen years. It was so heartening to see how they've grown up. All are responsible young adults going to college and/or working. They're creative (art, music, writing, cooking), funny, polite and a delight to be with. Truly inspiring how they've capitalized on their strengths to overcome their so-called disabilities.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Sat January 7th, 2012, 10:34 pm

That is fantastic Faith and super inspirational! Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Tue January 31st, 2012, 2:10 am

"Brenna" wrote:Amazing story Diane! Enjoy your new furniture!

I've been gone for a while now, but thank you Brenna! Just this Friday night, a very VERY good friend of mine came over with her 15-y-o daughter after Temple, and they took a look at the new wardrobe. Daughter said the most WONDERFUL thing:

"Mommy, can I go in and find out if Narnia is in there???"

Friend and daughter both, wonderful lovely, delightfully witty people. :D
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Tue January 31st, 2012, 2:02 pm

"DianeL" wrote:I've been gone for a while now, but thank you Brenna! Just this Friday night, a very VERY good friend of mine came over with her 15-y-o daughter after Temple, and they took a look at the new wardrobe. Daughter said the most WONDERFUL thing:

"Mommy, can I go in and find out if Narnia is in there???"

Friend and daughter both, wonderful lovely, delightfully witty people. :D

Love it! I remember reading the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and trying to walk through the wall in my closet. Didn't work, but man I miss my imagination!

Today is my birthday and it has been fantastic so far! One of the very few times in the last years I didn't wake up crying and wishing the day to be over!
Brenna

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Wed February 1st, 2012, 4:53 pm

We're moving house because DH wants to be able to do his veggie gardening from the back garden instead of having to tramp all the way to the allotment. We sold ours just before Christmas. Yay! Then the sale fell through last week - Oh no! But today we got another offer and it's a cast iron one from the local diocese, they want it to house a vicar. So yay!!!!
Only problem is that they are looking at a move in around a fortnight... :eek: :eek: :eek: But it's a good sort of problem.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed February 1st, 2012, 8:38 pm

Congratulations, EC. You'll certainly be busy now!

Brenna
Bibliophile

Postby Brenna » Wed February 1st, 2012, 10:55 pm

Awesome Congrats!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Postby DianeL » Thu February 2nd, 2012, 1:26 am

Oh, EC! Yayyyy! And BOO. And yayy! And may I be a dorky American and say - "aww! a vicar in your house! yayy!"

Yes, even with Dibley, some of still think even the very word vicar simply must mean someone wee, just-right twee too, and absently adorable. I don't go in for cross-pond-al silliness much, but I do like my mental English cartoons.

And Python.

What was the topic again ... ?

*Sorry!* :p
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/

I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Return to “Chat”