Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Postby wendy » Sun November 7th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Best thing today was at the Carolina Renaissance Festival - the face of the little girl meeting her first real Celtic fairy was absolutely priceless. Just wanted to share!

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Mon November 8th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Daylight Savings Time is over, so I no longer go to work in the dark!

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Mon November 8th, 2010, 4:33 pm

We hired back an employee that we laid off a year ago. So maybe things are starting to look up - ?

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon November 22nd, 2010, 3:22 am

Had a great writing day.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon November 22nd, 2010, 3:52 am

Best thing today is all the guests went home. It was lovely to see them all for 'Thanksgiving Early' as my daughter calls it, but 14 people shoehorned into every room in the house was a zoo! We even put up one kid in the closet -- called it the 'Harry Potter room' in the hopes he would not object, and he was so enchanted with the idea that he actually wanted us to clear out the storage under the stairs so he could sleep THERE!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue November 23rd, 2010, 12:59 am

I've done it! I've finished the first draft of my new (last year) novel. I feel like I could float.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue November 23rd, 2010, 2:54 am

Congratulations, LoveHistory! It's a wonderful feeling to finish, isn't it?

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Tue November 23rd, 2010, 3:57 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:I've done it! I've finished the first draft of my new (last year) novel. I feel like I could float.

Way to go, LoveHistory! Celebrate!

The best thing for me: my daughter is coming home from college for Thanksgiving holidays. Yeah!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed November 24th, 2010, 8:52 am

The power coming back on! Let's hope it stays that way! Knock on wood!

Stupid weather!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Wed November 24th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Congrats on finishing your work, LH, good luck with it!

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving, in case I don't get a chance to get on to the forum tomorrow.
Currently reading "How to stop time" by Matt Haig & "The Miller's Dance" by Winston Graham

Return to “Chat”