Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Wed September 15th, 2010, 1:37 am

Bought Michelle's The Heretic Queen. I can't wait to start it.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Postby rockygirl » Wed September 15th, 2010, 10:10 pm

"LoveHistory" wrote:Bought Michelle's The Heretic Queen. I can't wait to start it.

I thought it was great!

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Fri September 17th, 2010, 12:42 am

Last night an old college friend came into town while on a business trip; we had a nice dinner.

Michy
Bibliophile

Postby Michy » Fri September 17th, 2010, 2:18 pm

I can see outside my office window, several large hot-air balloons lifting off from a lot nearby. I don't know what the occasion is, but I want to ride....!

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Story Keeper by Anna Mazzola & Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager(Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Fri September 17th, 2010, 3:08 pm

They're a lovely sight, aren't they! We see a few around here. In fact, one came down in the farmer's field next door! I'm not sure what happened to it or why.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: A Suitable Vengeance by Elizabeth George & The Dark Angel by Elly Griffiths
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Fri September 17th, 2010, 4:35 pm

We had a hot air balloon invasion here a few years ago, I never found out where they came from! I was just walking the dog round on a lovely summer evening, and suddenly they all started appearing over the brow of the hill - they just kept coming! They were a stunning sight, but you'd never get me in one of them.
Currently reading "A Suitable Vengeance" by Elizabeth George and "The Dark Angel" by Elly Griffiths

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Fri September 17th, 2010, 5:54 pm

"Madeleine" wrote: They were a stunning sight, but you'd never get me in one of them.

I took a hot air balloon ride in California years ago. It was wonderful! Because you are moving at the same speed as the wind, it is perfectly still all around you. :D
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Sat September 18th, 2010, 12:26 am

When we lived in Colorado there was a hot air balloon race every Labor Day and our house was in the flight path. We'd climb up on the hood of the station wagon and watch them. It was wonderful!

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Tue September 21st, 2010, 4:50 am

Getting a good score at work. And free chocolate!
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Tue September 28th, 2010, 8:30 pm

My dad had a stroke Friday and lost the use of his right side, so I'm home in Ohio dealing with everything. The great news is that the doctors believe that, with intensive therapy, he should be able to make a full recovery within a few months and live independently. This is much better than we thought when we brought him to the hospital.

I probably won't be posting a lot for the next few days/weeks?, but I do like checking in occasionally and seeing what the rest of the world is up to. ;)
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

User signature picture

Return to “Chat”