Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Tue August 24th, 2010, 12:49 am

It's official - my husband says he's taking me back to England for our 20th anniversary in October!! I'm so excited since we'll be staying about 10 days. Having spent most of the last trip in London, we're going to rent a car and drive around the countryside, visiting castles, cathedrals, villages etc. The fun will be in deciding where we are going to go - we will have a plan...

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Tue August 24th, 2010, 12:50 am

"Tanzanite" wrote:It's official - my husband says he's taking me back to England for our 20th anniversary in October!! I'm so excited since we'll be staying about 10 days. Having spent most of the last trip in London, we're going to rent a car and drive around the countryside, visiting castles, cathedrals, villages etc. The fun will be in deciding where we are going to go - we will have a plan...

Oh Tanzy, that rocks! I love England!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Tue August 24th, 2010, 12:52 am

The big 2-0! That's fantastic!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful way to celebrate.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Miller's Dance by Winston Graham & How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime

Postby Madeleine » Tue August 24th, 2010, 11:30 am

Fab! Tell us where you're going when you've worked out your itinerary.
Currently reading "How to stop time" by Matt Haig & "The Miller's Dance" by Winston Graham

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Tue August 24th, 2010, 12:48 pm

"Tanzanite" wrote:It's official - my husband says he's taking me back to England for our 20th anniversary in October!! I'm so excited since we'll be staying about 10 days. Having spent most of the last trip in London, we're going to rent a car and drive around the countryside, visiting castles, cathedrals, villages etc. The fun will be in deciding where we are going to go - we will have a plan...

That sounds wonderful! I hope to do the same sort of trip as I've been to London several times. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue August 24th, 2010, 3:36 pm

That's great, Tanzanite! Congratulations on 20 years together! As to the trip, enjoy and take pictures. :)

fljustice
Bibliophile

Postby fljustice » Tue August 24th, 2010, 4:22 pm

Oh, I'm so jealous! Love traveling in Britain - and planning is almost as much fun as doing. Congratulations and enjoy!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website
User signature picture

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Postby N. Gemini Sasson » Wed August 25th, 2010, 1:30 pm

That sounds like heaven! Do tell us all about it when you get back. Meanwhile, you have something very special to look forward to.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favorite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Postby Nefret » Wed August 25th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Counting down days until my first trip out of the country... ever. :D
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Two Houses by Fran Cooper
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Wed August 25th, 2010, 10:06 pm

Hope you have a lovely trip, Tanzanite! Don't forget the northern part of Britain, especially Yorkshire!! We have some terrific scenery and, just in case you don't know, Yorkshire is the largest county in England. We maybe blunt but we're very friendly!

Where are you going, Nefret? I have to say if Britain had the weather, I don't think going abroad would have the same lure. But all the seasons seem to merge into one! :( Just sort of murky!!!!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Chat”