Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Thu April 8th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Thank you all!!! Funny how it all works out even when you don't think it will.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Postby michellemoran » Thu April 8th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Congratulations, Nona!!!!! The used bookstore should probably be sending their congrats as well :)
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Thu April 8th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Yahoo, Nona!! As I said, it's always when you least expect it...

And as for being the audience for stressed nerves, etc, I suspect that that is exactly what we are here for, no?

Congrats and enjoy!

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Postby Amanda » Thu April 8th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Congratulations nona!

I just found out that I won Tanzanite's birthday giveaway on her blog! Happy girl here!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Fri April 9th, 2010, 2:22 am

WTG Nona!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Mon April 12th, 2010, 7:49 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party, but congrats Nona!

nona
Bibliophile

Postby nona » Tue April 13th, 2010, 1:01 am

So today was my first day and all went very well, so far it's good granted not my dream job but rarely do we make good money and get to do what we love sooo I'm happy with it.

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Postby Chatterbox » Tue April 13th, 2010, 3:56 am

I begin to think that dream jobs are a figment of most peoples' imaginations! And that even if we got them, we'd realize that there are still tradeoffs and downsides. May it last as long as you want/need it to, and may it help you leap into something even better and more interesting/better compensated!! :D

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Survivors by Kate Furnivall & The Clockmaker’s Daughter by Kate Morton (Pigeonhole)
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Postby Vanessa » Tue April 13th, 2010, 8:49 am

Glad you first day went well, Nona.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Thu April 15th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Sorry not been active here for a while. Was pretty ill during my Israel trip a couple of weeks back. When I got back, had my last three days at work and now in the middle of two weeks' break before my new job starts. I have taken myself off on a driving holiday with no planned route. So far been to the Cotswolds, parts of Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and now in Shrewsbury. Found plenty great secondhand bookshops along the way! Especially in Tewkesbury and Great Malvern. Not sure yet if I will continue into Wales or not before heading home early next week. Hope you are all well!

Return to “Chat”