Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Headin' to Vegas!!

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Headin' to Vegas!!

Postby LCW » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:02 pm

I'm headed to Vegas today for four days. A bunch of my family is coming in from all over the country and Japan to hang out with my brother who is in the Air Force. He's leaving for Iraq in a few weeks (for the FOURTH time!!!) and we want to see him off!

I love Vegas so this should be fun!! :D
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:09 pm

"1lila1" wrote:I'm headed to Vegas today for four days. A bunch of my family is coming in from all over the country and Japan to hang out with my brother who is in the Air Force. He's leaving for Iraq in a few weeks (for the FOURTH time!!!) and we want to see him off!

I love Vegas so this should be fun!! :D

Enjoy the family bonding! :) I've always wanted to go to Japan! Just make sure you don't gamble your house away ;)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Thu August 28th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Las Vegas--you'll have a great time! I went there with my parents while I was in college for summer vacation. We also went out to Hoover Dam and drove through a nearby national park.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Thu August 28th, 2008, 8:17 pm

I am not much of a gambler but I still enjoyed Vegas! Hope you have a good time.

pat
Avid Reader

Postby pat » Fri August 29th, 2008, 4:47 am

Vegas! Lovely! Hope you have a fab time but if you should see Grishom or anyone else from the CSI team...take care! (Or get an autograph!)
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Tambo
Scribbler

Postby Tambo » Fri August 29th, 2008, 7:32 am

Vegas is great.

Hope you have a couple of days off afterwards for recovery. :)

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Fri August 29th, 2008, 9:48 am

Have a great time! Never been to Vegas.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Postby LoveHistory » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 7:46 pm

Fourth tour?! Three totally messed up my brother-in-law.

Never been to Vegas. Looking forward to hearing about it.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Tue September 2nd, 2008, 11:46 pm

My young friend Margie (Army) did two tours in Iraq. But she was also stationed stateside during Katrina three years ago, and she said New Orleans out of control (her squad patrolled the superdome) was scarier than anything she'd seen in the Middle East.
Must have been pretty brutal, seeing as she came here from Ethiopia at age ten and had seen quite a representative sample of bad human behavior.
Hope you had fun in vegas, 1Lila1!

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Postby LCW » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 12:49 am

Vegas was a blast and it was so great to see my brother again. We hung out at the Margaritaville bar with a bunch of my brother's Air Force friends. They were great and we had a blast but last time they went two of them didn't come home :( . It was hard to keep from thinking about whether or not that would be the case with these guys!

But all in all it was a great trip and I won at BlackJack! Enough to pay for my whole trip and come home with some extra! Too cool! Although it would've been more if I could resist those darn money sucking slot machines! :D
Books to the ceiling,

Books to the sky,

My pile of books is a mile high.

How I love them! How I need them!

I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Return to “Chat”