Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Was Butterflylady, now Vanessa

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Two Houses by Fran Cooper
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favorite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Was Butterflylady, now Vanessa

Postby Vanessa » Thu August 28th, 2008, 7:59 am

Hello everyone!

Hurrah!!! I've found you again. I had a brainwave at midnight last night and googled 'Diamondlil' and Diamondlil's blog came up - bingo!!

What a shame that all the reviews and posts have been lost. :( It'll soon build up again, though. I belong to another site which kept crashing due to hackers. In the end they had to start a completely new board, but it's soon built up.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Thu August 28th, 2008, 9:14 am

Welcome back! You know, I had never thought of googling diamondlil!

amyb
Reader

Postby amyb » Thu August 28th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Hey ButterflyLady!

Leyland
Bibliophile

Postby Leyland » Thu August 28th, 2008, 9:17 pm

Well done! I e-mailed Susan H (boswellbaxter) through her website about a day after the site went down to find out what was going on and then she graciously kept me informed when she had this one up. If I hadn't thought of that, then I hope I would have done the same as you did finding diamondlil!

And ... it's great that you did. Good to see you back.

Melisende
Reader

Postby Melisende » Thu August 28th, 2008, 11:46 pm

Welcome Vanessa!
"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Postby sweetpotatoboy » Fri August 29th, 2008, 10:02 am

Welcome back Vanessa - it will take a while to think of you as that.

Which reminds me: why have some people changed their nickname on this site compared to the old one? Is there some technical reason, or just a case of out with the old, in with the new?

alice
Reader

Postby alice » Sat August 30th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Hi everyone. Alice formerly known as ...er....Alice, back and reporting for duty. (Stands to attention and salutes). Good to see you all again. :D

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Sat August 30th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Hi Alice!

Glad you found us again.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat August 30th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Whoops! forgot to post a greeting, Vanessa. Hi.

tsjmom
Reader

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Glad you found it again! I did something similar - I went to her blog.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”