Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Swan Maiden, Jules Watson

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sat May 2nd, 2009, 7:43 pm

Looking forward to reading it. I have several forum members on my TBR! Just a case of getting round to it. :o
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sun May 3rd, 2009, 2:57 am

Just thought it worth noting that Jules has all sorts of interesting stuff on her website, including links to sites about Celtic myths and legends if anyone's looking for the original stories:
http://www.juleswatson.com/links.html

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon July 13th, 2009, 3:48 am

I read this book a little while ago and just have to add my compliments to the author. What a beautiful story; mystical, luminous and romantic, in the original sense of the medieval lay as well as the usual one, though in this case with a heroine as the central figure. I loved it, and I'm not ashamed to say that I had my box of tissues to hand, especially at the end.

Return to “By Author's Last Name R-Z”