Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

heard of this online PR company?

Got a question/comment about the business of writing or about the publishing industry? Here's your place to post it!
juleswatson
Avid Reader

heard of this online PR company?

Post by juleswatson » Wed February 25th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Just been emailed by these guys and wondered if anyone knows if they are legit.

http://www.bostickcommunications.com/gpage2.html

They probably write to everyone with a book out, but just curious.
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed February 25th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Jules, I am not a writer so I have no input in that way. However, as a person who cahses contractors for $$$ I find googling addresses, names and phone # quite enlightening at times. You just never know what you'll find :D :D :D

eg, use the quotation marks around the phone # "888-888-8888". That tells the search engine to find pages with only that item. Same for addresses, "12345 anywhere st" miami fl. If you have a contact name and city try that as well, my favorite people search is here. You would be amazed what it kind find, especially in Washington state. Voter records!!

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed February 25th, 2009, 4:53 pm

I was in their media database for a while but asked to be removed. They do send press releases out - lots of them. That's the problem. The ones I got were for titles that were completely irrelevant, like religious nonfiction and business how-to books.

juleswatson
Avid Reader

Post by juleswatson » Wed February 25th, 2009, 5:23 pm

ah ha. Yes, with some more digging I figured that out. Other bloggers said they didn't get what they asked for, though since the onus is on the author to actually send out the books, that might be when an author doesn't want to reply to every request or does not have the books etc.
Author of Celtic historical fantasy
New book "THE RAVEN QUEEN" out Feb 22 2011: The story of Maeve, the famous warrior queen of Irish mythology.
Out now, "THE SWAN MAIDEN", the ancient tale of Deirdre, the Irish 'Helen of Troy'
http://www.juleswatson.com

Return to “The Writing Business”