Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One dumb parent I'd say

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sat January 17th, 2009, 1:28 am

As the product of one of those ghastly situations where the parents aren't either there, or off being children themselves, all I can say is that it is a truly horrible situation for everyone involved. Especially the children. I've learned the hard way that the only way to fix these problems is to get the children into some sort of supportive, stable enviroment where they can get the nuturing that they need. Sadly, it isn't going to be found in the foster care system, at least, not here in the states. I was lucky, I fell into the hands of a good therapist who has been steadily sifting through the wreckage and putting things back together.

But that father -- what a damnable moron who shouldn't be raising children. Period.

Return to “Chat”