Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Once & Future SonjaMarie

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!

Postby boswellbaxter » Fri August 29th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Belated happy birthday!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

Postby diamondlil » Fri August 29th, 2008, 9:36 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:I just found out that NBC, while telling us the minutiae of the other divers shied away from telling us that Matthew Mitchum was openly gay and his partner was there to cheer him on. Apparently NBC is getting a lot of flack for that. The president has offered an apology at After Elton http://www.afterelton.com/blog/michaeljensen/NBC-olympic-president-gary-zenkel-matthew-mitcham#comment-51917

I wouldn't have found out if I hadn't read about it on TVG, and it would've made the moment even better for me if I had known!

Interesting. It wasn't mentioned during the diving itself here, but it had been mentioned before so we knew that. He also quit the sport a couple of years ago and then came back - good decision to come back given the outcome!

Postby tsjmom » Sat August 30th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Hi SM! A belated happy birthday to you! I turned 41 (gasp!) on Aug. 22nd :)

Postby SonjaMarie » Sat August 30th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Thanks all for the birthday wishes and a happy belated bday to you tsj, hope you had a good one!

The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

Return to “Introduce Yourself”