Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Upcoming Television Season

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Upcoming Television Season

Postby Rowan » Wed August 27th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Well, now that we're finally at the end of summer and new television seasons will be starting up again within the next month, are there any new ones you've seen advertised that appeal to you? Some you pray will bomb?

Other than the ones I've watched in the past, I'm glad to see Chuck will be back. I thought it was cute. I will also have a look at My Own Worst Enemy. On the downside, I sincerely hope that Kath & Kim BOMB horribly. What were they thinking with this load of c-rap?

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed August 27th, 2008, 6:55 pm

There are a few shows I wanted to check out but as I already watch WAY TO MANY, I had to narrow the field down, so of the new batch I'm checking out:
Crusoe
The Mentalist (That Simon Baker is a hottie)
My Own Worst Enemy

There's a miniseries on Coco Chanel starring Shirley McClaine on Sept 13th I plan to check out as well.

And I agree about "Kath & Kim", ugh!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Wed August 27th, 2008, 8:33 pm

They should have just showed the original Australian series which was very entertaining in the first few series.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Wed August 27th, 2008, 10:01 pm

"SonjaMarie" wrote:There are a few shows I wanted to check out but as I already watch WAY TO MANY, I had to narrow the field down, so of the new batch I'm checking out:
Crusoe
The Mentalist (That Simon Baker is a hottie)
My Own Worst Enemy

There's a miniseries on Coco Chanel starring Shirley McClaine on Sept 13th I plan to check out as well.

And I agree about "Kath & Kim", ugh!

SM

You really think they can pull a whole season out of Crusoe??

Michelle2
Scribbler

Postby Michelle2 » Wed August 27th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Can't wait for Dexter!!!
There's also a new show about vampires that will be on HBO; not into vampires but it's written by Alan Ball whom I love!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Wed August 27th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Yeah I'm wondering how Crusoe will be. I saw an ad for it and it looked very POTC. Hmm. we'll see. Might be fun to watch.

TerriPray
Reader

Postby TerriPray » Wed August 27th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Looking forward to the Sword of Truth series which HBO will be doing and that starts in November.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed August 27th, 2008, 10:59 pm

"Rowan" wrote:You really think they can pull a whole season out of Crusoe??

I was wondering that?! It looks he gets more people on that island then in the book, maybe like "Gilligan's Island" but much older of course.

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Postby SonjaMarie » Wed August 27th, 2008, 11:00 pm

"Michelle2" wrote:Can't wait for Dexter!!!

I love me some Dexter! It's one of the many many shows I already watch and wondering how I'm going to fit them all in!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Postby Divia » Thu August 28th, 2008, 3:17 am

"TerriPray" wrote:Looking forward to the Sword of Truth series which HBO will be doing and that starts in November.

Oh yeah! I dont have HBO so I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD. but I do like fantasy type shows. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”