Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

SonjaMarie's Books Read In 2009

What have you read in 2009? Post your list here and update it as you go along! (One thread per member, please.)
SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

SonjaMarie's Books Read In 2009

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu January 1st, 2009, 7:26 pm

*Means I own or owned the book at time of read.

Historical Fiction:
"A Secret Alchemy" by Emma Darwin (8/13)
"The Last Queen" by C.W Gortner (6/4)
"Mademoiselle Boleyn" by Robin Maxwell (1/7)
"Cleopatra's Daughter" by Michelle Moran (8/19)
"Duchess: A Novel of Sarah Churchill" by Susan Holloway Scott (12/21)
"The King's Favorite: A Novel of Nell Gwyn and King Charles II" by Susan Holloway Scott (4/13)
"The Lady Elizabeth" by Alison Weir (1/16)
Total: 7

Pride & Prejudice Sequels, Darcy POV's & Mysteries:
"Suspense and Sensibility (Or, First Impressions Revisited): A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery #2" by Carrie Bebris (8/9)
"North by Northanger (Or, the Shades of Pemberley): A Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery #3" by Carrie Bebris (11/22)
Total: 2

Murder Mysteries:
"Effigies: A Faye Longchamp Mystery #3" by Mary Anna Evans (5/13)
"Questionable Remains: Lindsay Chamberlain Mystery #2" by Beverly Connor (9/5)
"Dressed to Die: Lindsay Chamberlain Mystery #3" by Beverly Connor (10/14)
"Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson" by Lyndsay Faye (11/11)*
"The Hooded Hawke: Elizabeth I Mystery #9" by Karen Harper (12/19)
"Dial H For Hitchcock: Cece Caruso Mystery #5" by Susan Kandel (12/17)
"Promises In Death" by J.D Robb (3/19)*
"Kindred In Death" by J.D Robb (12/8)*
"Devil May Ride: A Ghost Dusters Mystery #2" by Wendy Roberts (2/22)*
Total: 9

Miscellaneous Fiction:
"The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown (10/15)*
"Dead Beat: Dresden Files #7" by Jim Butcher (2/3)
"Proven Guilty: Dresden Files #8" by Jim Butcher (6/15)
"White Night: Dresden Files #9" by Jim Butcher (7/26)*
"The Dakota Cipher: Ethan Gage Book #3" by William Dietrich (8/28)*
"Cretaceous Dawn" by L.M. Graziano & M.S.A. Graziano (6/10)
"Adventures in Time Travel: Undercover at the Court of Henry II" (short story) by Miss Moppet (11/9)
"Adventures in Time Travel: Deeper Undercover" (short story) by Miss Moppet (11/9)
Total: 8

Nonfiction - Royalty or Connected:
"The Who's Who of British Beheadings" by Geoffrey Abbott (6/9)*
"Royal Discord: The Family of George II" by Veronica Baker-Smith (5/6)
"Royal Bastards: Illegtimate Children of the British Royal Family" by Peter Beauclerk-Dewar & Roger Powell (12/23)*
"The Sisters Who Would Be Queen: The Tragedy of Mary, Katherine & Lady Jane Grey" by Leanda de Lisle (1/28)*
"Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens" by Jane Dunn (6/20)*
"Faberge's Eggs: The Extraordinary Story of the Masterpieces That Outlived An Empire" by Toby Faber (3/12)*
"Royal Portraits In Hollywood: Filming the Lives of Queens" by Elizabeth A. Ford & Deborah C. Mitchell (6/18)*
"Jane Boleyn: The True Story of the Infamous Lady Rochford" by Julia Fox (11/22)
"The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England" edited by Antonia Fraser (5/28)*
"Tudors and Stuarts on Film: Historical Perspectives" ed by Susan Doran & Thomas S. Freeman (1/26)*
"The Lady Queen: The Notorious Reign of Joanna I, Queen of Naples, Jerusalem, and Sicily" by Nancy Goldstone (12/11)
"Jezebel: The Untold Story of the Bible's Harlot Queen" by Lesley Hazleton (7/11)
"Crown, Orb & Sceptre: The True Stories of English Coronations" by David Hilliam (6/8)*
"Lady Jane Grey: A Tudor Mystery" by Eric Ives (11/26)*
"Cupid and the King: Five Royal Paramours" by HRH Princess Michael of Kent (10/6)
"Mad Kings & Queens: History's Most Famous Raving Royals" by Alison Rattle & Allison Vale (3/7)
"English History Made Brief, Irreverent, and Pleasurable" by Lacey Baldwin Smith (5/14)
"Coronation: From the 8th to the 21st Century" by Roy Strong (8/5)*
"Masterpieces From the House of Faberge" by Alexander von Solodkoff w/essays by others (4/22)*
"Ungrateful Daughters: The Stuart Princesses Who Stole Their Father's Crown" by Maureen Waller (10/10)
Total: 20

Nonfiction - French History:
"The Fabrication of Louis XIV" by Peter Burke (10/21)*
"The Lost King of France: How DNA Solved the Mystery of the Murdered Son of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette" by Deborah Cadbury (9/15)
"The Queen's Necklace: Marie Antoinette & the Scandal That Shocked & Mystified France" by Frances Mossiker (5/28)*
"The Affair of the Poisons: Murder, Infanticide, and Satanism at the Court of Louis XIV" by Anne Somerset (4/27)*
"Versailles: A Biography of A Palace" by Tony Spawforth (8/31)*
"Vive La Revolution: A Stand-Up History of the French Revolution" by Mark Steel (1/11)
Total: 6

Nonfiction - History:
"Sex Lives of the Popes" by Nigel Cawthorne (1/21)
"The Bad Popes" by E.R. Chamberlin (3/25)*
"The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History 1300-1850" by Brian Fagan (1/9)
"A Treasury of Foolishly Forgotten Americans" by Michael Farquhar (6/8)
"City of Laughter: Sex and Satire in Eighteenth-Century London" by Vic Gatrell (8/2)*
"Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness, and Mythconceptions Throughout the Ages" by Leland Gregory (3/5)
"Diamonds Famous & Fatal: The History, Mystery & Lore of the World's Most Precious Gem" by Leo P. Kendall (6/25)*
"Isaac's Storm: A Man, A Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane In History" by Erik Larson (4/2)
"Thunderstruck" by Erik Larson (2/13)
"The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities: A Treasury of Trivia" by Nino Lo Bello (5/3)
"Who Cooked the Last Supper?: The Women's History of the World" by Rosalind Miles (8/5)
"The Pope's Daughter: The Extraordinary Life of Felice della Rovere" by Caroline P. Murphy (12/5)
"Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped" by Tony Perrottet (3/4)*
"Madame Tussaud and the History of Waxworks" by Pamela Pilbeam (5/21)*
"Haunting Museums: The Strange and Uncanny Stories Behind the Most Mysterious Exhibits" by John Schuster (with essays by others) (7/4)
"The Dead Guy Interviews: Conversations With 45 of the Most Accomplished, Notorious, and Deceased Personalities In History" by Michael A. Stusser (9/13)
Total: 16

Nonfiction - Pompeii:
"The Fires of Vesuvius: Pompeii Lost and Found" by Mary Beard (5/23)*
"The Complete Pompeii" by Joanne Berry (2/6)*
"Pompeii: The Living City" by Alex Butterworth and Ray Laurence (2/26)*
"Eros In Pompeii: The Secret Rooms of the National Museum of Naples" by Michael Grant, Antonia Mulas (photos), Antonio De Simone and Maria Teresa Merella (6/19)*
"Pompeii Awakened: A Story of Rediscovery" by Judith Harris (11/4)*
"Pompeii: The History, Life and Art of the Buried City" ed. by Marisa Ranieri Panetta (many authors) (9/24)*

Nonfiction - Biographies:
"Courtesans: Money, Sex and Fame In The Nineteenth Century" by Katie Hickman (4/6)
"Casanova: Actor Lover Priest Spy" by Ian Kelly (11/7)*
"Duran Duran Notorious: The Unauthorized Biography" by Steve Malins (2/9)
"Consuelo & Alva Vanderbilt: The Story of A Daughter and A Mother in the Gilded Age" by Amanda M. Stuart (4/15)
Total: 4

Nonfiction - Miscellaneous:
"Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into Great Lives" by Bathroom Reader's Hysterical Society (6/12)
"The Book of Useless Information" by Noel Botham & The Useless Information Society (2/9)
"James Dean Died Here: The Locations of America's Pop Culture Landmarks" by Chris Epting (8/10)
"A Mind of Its Own: A Cultural History of the Penis" by David M. Friedman (7/21)*
"Typhoid Mary: Captive to the Public's Health" by Judith Walzer Leavitt (4/19)*
"Life In These United States" by Reader's Digest (9/13)*
"The Lexicon of Stupidity" by Ross Petras & Kathryn Petras (5/6)*
"Found: The Best Lost, Tossed and Forgotten Items From Around the World" by Davy Rothbart, et al (7/11)
"Underground London: Travels Beneath the City Streets" by Stephen Smith (11/18)

Nonfiction - Books on Cemeteries, Death, etc
"Necropolis: London and Its Dead" by Catherine Arnold (8/30)*
"Highgate Cemetary: Victorian Valhalla" by Felix Barker (text), and John Gay (photos) (8/28)
"Maine's Coastal Cemeteries: A Historic Tour" by Karen Wentworth Batignani (7/3)
"What A Way To Go: Some of the Strangest Deaths On Record" by Peter Bowler & Jonathan Green (12/21)*
"London: City of the Dead" by David Brandon & Alan Brooke (10/20)*
"Permanently New Yorkers: Final Digs of the Notable and Notorious" by Patricia Brooks (4/7)*
"Where the Bodies Are: Final Visits to the Rich, Famous & Interesting" by Patricia Brooks (2/19)*
"Laid To Rest In California" by Patricia Brooks & Jonathan Brooks (3/17)*
"Permanent Londoners: An Illustrated, Biographical Guide to the Cemeteries of London" by Judi Culbertson & Tom Randall (6/29)*
"The Victorian Celebration of Death" by James Stevens Curl (9/22)*
"London's Dead: A Guided Tour of the Capital's Dead" by Ed Glinert (3/14)*
"Death In England: An Illustrated History" ed. Peter C. Jupp & Clare Gittings (12/30)*
"Who Lies Where: A Guide to Famous Graves" (of Great Britain) by Michael Kerrigan (3/24)*
"Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die" by Michael Largo (4/27)*
"The Portable Obituary: How the Famous, Rich, and Powerful Really Died" by Michael Largo (6/20)*
"Famous and Curious Cemeteries" by John Francis Marion (6/5)*
"London Cemeteries: An Illustrated Guide & Gazetteer" by Hugh Meller & Brian Parsons (9/21)*
"Grave Matters" (epitaphs) by E.R. Shushan (3/25)*
Total: 18

Nonfiction - Books on Shipwrecks:
"Disaster At Sea: Shipwrecks, Storm, and Collisions on the Atlantic" by William Henry Flayheart III (7/29)
"Lost Gold of the Republic: The Remarkable Quest For the Greatest Shipwreck Treasure of the Civil War Era" by Pritt J. Vesilind (4/26)*
Total: 2

Nonfiction - Real Life Murders/Murder Mysteries/Crimes:
"For the Thrill of It: Leopold, Loeb, and the Murder That Shocked Jazz Age Chicago" by Simon Baatz (7/14)
"America's Dumbest Criminals" by Daniel Butler, Alan Ray, and Leland Gregory (1/18)
"Conan Doyle, Detective: The True Crimes Investigated by the Creator of Sherlock Holmes" by Peter Costello (11/4)
"Murder Guide To London" by Martin Fido (10/18)*
"Bloody Business: An Anecdotal History of Scotland Yard" by H. Paul Jeffers (10/6)*
"The Devil In the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness At The Fair That Changed America" by Erik Larson (7/14)
"Supper W/ The Crippens: A New Investigation Into the Most Notorious Domestic Murder In History" by David Smith (4/5)
"The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective" by Kate Summerscale (5/9)
"American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit, Stanford White, Birth of the It Girl & the Crime of the Century" by Paula Uruburu (8/15)

Jack the Ripper:
"Jack the Ripper: His Life and Crimes in Popular Entertainment" by Gary Coville and Patrick Lucanio (8/23)*
Total: 1

True Ghost Stories:
"Dixie Spirits: True Tales of the Strange and Supernatural in the South" by Christopher Coleman (10/13)
"Ghost Hunter's Guide to Seattle and Puget Sound" by Jeff Dwyer (9/6)
"Old Ghosts of New England: A Traveler's Guide to the Spookiest Sites in the Northeast" by C.J Fusco (11/18)
"Walking Haunted London: 25 Original Walks Exploring London's Ghostly Past" by Richard Jones (12/13)
"Coast to Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America" by Leslie Rule (4/10)
"Haunted Montana: A Ghost Hunter's Guide To Haunted Places You Can Visit - If You Dare!" by Karen Stevens (3/9)

Acting/Hollywood:
"The Q Guide to The Golden Girls" by Jim Colucci (9/2)
"Cut! Hollywood Murders, Accidents, and Other Tragedies" by Denise Imwold, Andrew Brettell, Heather von Rohr, and Warren Hsu Leonard (7/14)*
"Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals" by Laurie Jacobson (3/10)
"Mae West: 'It Ain't No Sin'" by Simon Louvish (10/10)
"The Hollywood Book of Death" by James Robert Parrish (3/7)
"It's Good To Be King: The Seriously Funny Life of Mel Brooks" by James Robert Parish (12/3)
"Stop the Show! A History of Insane Incidents and Absurd Accidents in the Theater" by Brad Schreiber (5/6)
Total: 7

Grand Total: 130
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Wed December 30th, 2009, 7:27 pm, edited 15 times in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri January 30th, 2009, 8:25 pm

It's unlikely I'll finish another book by tomorrow, so here are my books read for Jan:
January 2009 8
"Mademoiselle Boleyn" by Robin Maxwell (1/7)
"The Little Ice Age: How Climate Made History 1300-1850" by Brian Fagan (1/9)
"Vive La Revolution: A Stand-Up History of the French Revolution" by Mark Steel (1/11)
"The Lady Elizabeth" by Alison Weir (1/16)
"America's Dumbest Criminals" by Daniel Butler, Alan Ray, and Leland Gregory (1/18)
"Sex Lives of the Popes" by Nigel Cawthorne (1/21)
"Tudors and Stuarts on Film: Historical Perspectives" edited by Susan Doran & Thomas S. Freeman (1/26)
"The Sisters Who Would Be Queen: The Tragedy of Mary, Katherine & Lady Jane Grey" by Leanda de Lisle (1/28)

I'm on track for reading 7 or more books a month...so far!

SM
My Booksfree Queue

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sun February 1st, 2009, 12:12 am

How did the book on the Grey sisters turn out? I would like to know your opinion on it.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun February 1st, 2009, 1:25 am

[quote=""Telynor""]How did the book on the Grey sisters turn out? I would like to know your opinion on it.[/quote]

Tely: I posted a review here - http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... php?t=1282

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri February 27th, 2009, 7:03 am

Again I managed to read 8 books this month!:
February 2009 8
"Dead Beat: Dresden Files #7" by Jim Butcher (2/3)
"The Complete Pompeii" by Joanne Berry (2/6)
"Duran Duran Notorious: The Unauthorized Biography" by Steve Malins (2/9)
"The Book of Useless Information" by Noel Botham & The Useless Information Society (2/9)
"Thunderstruck" by Erik Larson (2/13)
"Where the Bodies Are: Final Visits to the Rich, Famous & Interesting" by Patricia Brooks (2/19)
"Devil May Ride: A Ghost Dusters Mystery #2" by Wendy Roberts (2/22)
"Pompeii: The Living City" by Alex Butterworth and Ray Laurence (2/26)

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon March 30th, 2009, 4:25 pm

I don't think I'll be finishing another book this month, so here's my list of what I did finish. 13 is now my personal best, almost double what I try to read in a month (7):
March 2009 13
"Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped" by Tony Perrottet (3/4)
"Stupid History: Tales of Stupidity, Strangeness, and Mythconceptions Throughout the Ages" by Leland Gregory (3/5)
"The Hollywood Book of Death" by James Robert Parrish (3/7)
"Mad Kings & Queens: History's Most Famous Raving Royals" by Alison Rattle & Allison Vale (3/7)
"Haunted Montana: A Ghost Hunter's Guide To Haunted Places You Can Visit - If You Dare!" by Karen Stevens (3/9)
"Dishing Hollywood: The Real Scoop on Tinseltown's Most Notorious Scandals" by Laurie Jacobson (3/10)
"Faberge's Eggs: The Extraordinary Story of the Masterpieces That Outlived An Empire" by Toby Faber (3/12)
"London's Dead: A Guided Tour of the Capital's Dead" by Ed Glinert (3/14)
"Laid To Rest In California: A Guide to the Cemeteries of the Grave Sites of the Rich and Famous" by (3/17)
"Promises In Death" by J.D Robb (3/19)
"Who Lies Where: A Guide to Famous Graves" (of Great Britain) by Michael Kerrigan (3/24)
"The Bad Popes" by E.R. Chamberlin (3/25)
"Grave Matters" (epitaphs) by E.R. Shushan (3/25)

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed April 29th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Again unlikely I'll finish another book by tomorrow, almost equaled my best but missed it by one, oh well:

April 2009 12
"Isaac's Storm: A Man, A Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane In History" by Erik Larson (4/2)
"Supper W/ The Crippens: A New Investigation Into the Most Notorious Domestic Murder In History" by David Smith (4/5)
"Courtesans: Money, Sex and Fame In The Nineteenth Century" by Katie Hickman (4/6)
"Permanently New Yorkers: Final Digs of the Notable and Notorious" by Patricia Brooks (4/7)
"Coast to Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America" by Leslie Rule (4/10)
"The King's Favorite: A Novel of Nell Gwyn and King Charles II" by Susan Holloway Scott (4/13)
"Consuelo & Alva Vanderbilt: The Story of A Daughter and A Mother in the Gilded Age" by Amanda M. Stuart (4/15)
"Typhoid Mary: Captive to the Public's Health" by Judith Walzer Leavitt (4/19)
"Masterpieces From the House of Faberge" by Alexander von Solodkoff w/essays by others (4/22)
"Lost Gold of the Republic: The Remarkable Quest For the Greatest Shipwreck Treasure of the Civil War Era" by Pritt J. Vesilind (4/26)
"The Affair of the Poisons: Murder, Infanticide, and Satanism at the Court of Louis XIV" by Anne Somerset (4/27)
"Final Exits: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of How We Die" by Michael Largo (4/27)

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun May 31st, 2009, 5:57 pm

Might have read more this month but "Queen's Necklace" was the size of 2 books at over 600 pages:

(*Means I own or owned the book at time of read.)

May 2009 11
"The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities: A Treasury of Trivia" by Nino Lo Bello (5/3)
"Stop the Show! A History of Insane Incidents and Absurd Accidents in the Theater" by Brad Schreiber (5/6)
"Royal Discord: The Family of George II" by Veronica Baker-Smith (5/6)
"The Lexicon of Stupidity" by Ross Petras & Kathryn Petras (5/6)*
"The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective" by Kate Summerscale (5/9)
"Effigies: A Faye Longchamp Mystery #3" by Mary Anna Evans (5/13)
"English History Made Brief, Irreverent, and Pleasurable" by Lacey Baldwin Smith (5/14)
"Madame Tussaud and the History of Waxworks" by Pamela Pilbeam (5/21)*
"The Fires of Vesuvius: Pompeii Lost and Found" by Mary Beard (5/23)*
"The Lives of the Kings and Queens of England" edited by Antonia Fraser (5/28)*
"The Queen's Necklace: Marie Antoinette & the Scandal That Shocked & Mystified France" by Frances Mossiker (5/28)*

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue June 30th, 2009, 5:42 am

(*Means I own or owned the book at time of read.)

14 books is the most books I've read in a month now:
June 2009 14
"The Last Queen" by C.W Gortner (6/4)
"Famous and Curious Cemeteries" by John Francis Marion (6/5)*
"A Treasury of Foolishly Forgotten Americans" by Michael Farquhar (6/8)
"Crown, Orb & Sceptre: The True Stories of English Coronations" by David Hilliam (6/8)*
"The Who's Who of British Beheadings" by Geoffrey Abbott (6/9)*
"Cretaceous Dawn" by L.M. Graziano & M.S.A. Graziano (6/10)
"Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges Into Great Lives" by Bathroom Reader's Hysterical Society (6/12)
"Proven Guilty: Dresden Files #8" by Jim Butcher (6/15)
"Royal Portraits In Hollywood: Filming the Lives of Queens" by Elizabeth A. Ford & Deborah C. Mitchell (6/18)*
"Eros In Pompeii: The Secret Rooms of the National Museum of Naples" by Michael Grant, Antonia Mulas (photos), Antonio De Simone and Maria Teresa Merella (6/19)*
"Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens" by Jane Dunn (6/20)*
"The Portable Obituary: How the Famous, Rich, and Powerful Really Died" by Michael Largo (6/20)*
"Diamonds Famous & Fatal: The History, Mystery & Lore of the World's Most Precious Gem" by Leo P. Kendall (6/25)*
"Permanent Londoners: An Illustrated, Biographical Guide to the Cemeteries of London" by Judi Culbertson & Tom Randall (6/29)*

SM
My Booksfree Queue

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu July 30th, 2009, 5:12 am

*Means I own or owned the book at time of read.

July 2009 10
"Maine's Coastal Cemeteries: A Historic Tour" by Karen Wentworth Batignani (7/3)
"Haunting Museums: The Strange and Uncanny Stories Behind the Most Mysterious Exhibits" by John Schuster (with essays by others) (7/4)
"Jezebel: The Untold Story of the Bible's Harlot Queen" by Lesley Hazleton (7/11)
"Found: The Best Lost, Tossed and Forgotten Items From Around the World" by Davy Rothbart, et al (7/11)
"The Devil In the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness At The Fair That Changed America" by Erik Larson (7/14)
"Cut! Hollywood Murders, Accidents, and Other Tragedies" by Denise Imwold, Andrew Brettell, Heather von Rohr, and Warren Hsu Leonard (7/14)*
"For the Thrill of It: Leopold, Loeb, and the Murder That Shocked Jazz Age Chicago" by Simon Baatz (7/14)
"A Mind of Its Own: A Cultural History of the Penis" by David M. Friedman (7/21)*
"White Night: Dresden Files #9" by Jim Butcher (7/26)*
"Disaster At Sea: Shipwrecks, Storms, and Collisions on the Atlantic" by William Henry Flayheart III (7/29)

With this months reads, I've passed the total I read last year by 5 (2008: 71, 2009: 76 (so far))
SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Thu July 30th, 2009, 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Booksfree Queue

Return to “Member Reading Logs - 2009”