Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How many books did you read in 2008?

Retired Threads
diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue January 27th, 2009, 3:07 am

I have my blog and I also use a couple of spreadsheets.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Tue January 27th, 2009, 1:44 pm

I have kept track of books in journals since HS (and how I wish I still had those old ones, tossed when I was moving to college). Its just a list of titles, authors and rating 1-5 (1 = couldn't finish, 5=classic level). I used to write summaries and thoughts, but I have gotten way too lazy....

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue January 27th, 2009, 6:23 pm

I wish I had put the names of the books I was reading when I kept diaries as a teenager. I was more interested in naming the movies I had seen :P I just use notepad to list the names of the books, authors or editors and when I finished the book.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

gyrehead
Reader

Post by gyrehead » Tue January 27th, 2009, 9:43 pm

I have a calendar / diary I created a few years back just using Word. I make an entry when I start the book and when I finish it.

I also have a catologing program to file all my books. I can and do categorize by title, series, author, format, status (read or unread), page count, publication year, location (I have shelves scattered through the house and it can be hard to find books otherwise that I haven't read in years; as well I can track any rare loans I give out). Problem is the program is a beta one and while I can put in these categorizations I can't change back and forth the listing by categorization. For instance I can pull up my library by title or author. But I can't then pull it up by publication year. Or format. Or series. Something I hope to work on because publication date is something I tend to pay close attention to and I would like to utilize that within my library to add a forthcoming catgory that calendars itself by release date and then can re-filed in the same entry once it is acquired.

So yeah. I keep track.

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Thu January 29th, 2009, 7:41 am

I use my blog and this forum from when I started counting, in 2008, and then just went by a rough memory guess for before that.

tsjmom
Reader

Post by tsjmom » Wed February 25th, 2009, 2:51 am

Last year was the most I've read in a long time due to kids getting older and depression.

My total was 44.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Wed February 25th, 2009, 3:35 am

I usually keep a book list. Last year I was bad at it. But I think I read around 50 or so books.

Will try to keep better track this year.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Wed February 25th, 2009, 5:26 am

Nefret, you might like to check out the Member Reading list section of the forum as a way of keeping track.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Return to “Archives”