Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is on your 2009 To do List?

Divia
Bibliomaniac

What is on your 2009 To do List?

Post by Divia » Wed December 31st, 2008, 7:02 pm

My brother did this last year. He had things like eating contests etc. I thought that maybe I would do this too. Its not a new years resolution but things you want to complete for 2009. What's on your list?

My List:
  • Swim with the dolphins
  • Get a massage
  • Finish a second draft of ANY story that I'm working on. :o
  • Go to Seneca Falls
  • Volunteer somewhere
  • Take a trip to Salem or Gettysburg
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Wed December 31st, 2008, 8:46 pm

Mmm, lets see: staying healthy, staying out of debt, staying married (not so hard to do), staying in my job, staying active - pretty much what I plan to do every year! I know, I'm boring. I just never do the goal thing, or the resolution thing. I do plan to read more books than this year; I really slacked off this last year for some reason, and to maybe focus a little more on non-fiction.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Wed December 31st, 2008, 8:51 pm

Finish my Wars of the Roses novel. Start another one!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Thu January 1st, 2009, 3:03 am

Hmmmm ...

I haven't been back to New Orleans since May 2004, so I think I need to get a long weekend visit in. The greatest music and oyster po boys! mmmmm.

I intend to freshly paint all the porch furniture and do some remedial gardening - it appears my previous attempts were a bit ambitious since I see lots of dead looking stuff that I thought would be OK.

Improving hiking endurance skills is a must and I will definitely get many more Appalachian day hikes in this year.

Take my niece on a summer road trip or across the Atlantic to England or Ireland.

I need to earn 15 hours of accounting credits to reach the SC state CPA license requirement. That's only five classes, so maybe the scheduling will work out for the calendar year and I can get them all in. If not, done in 2010 then!

And just ..... to keep smiling!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Kasthu
Compulsive Reader

Post by Kasthu » Thu January 1st, 2009, 4:18 am

I've got a number of things on my list, some of them major:

--Find a better job.

--Apply to graduate school in medieval history (I've been meaning to do so since 2005, but people kept telling me to get a job rather than go back to school right after undergrad).

--Exercise more regularly.

--If I have the money to do so, travel more. I used to travel a lot, but I haven't been overseas in three or four years, so I think I need to get out more. I'd love to go back to England and Italy.

--As far as reading goes, I think I'm OK with that (read nearly 140 books this year)... but I'd like to branch out a bit more (more contemporary fiction, more classics).
Last edited by Kasthu on Thu January 1st, 2009, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additions

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Thu January 1st, 2009, 5:29 am

140?! That's almost double then I've read (71). I hope to read more next year but I don't think I'll get to 140!

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Thu January 1st, 2009, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Thu January 1st, 2009, 6:25 am

[quote=""Leyland""]Hmmmm ...

I haven't been back to New Orleans since May 2004, so I think I need to get a long weekend visit in. The greatest music and oyster po boys! mmmmm.
[/quote]

Let me know when you're coming and we can make plans to get a coffee or something. :)

My plans are:

• work more diligently on my manuscript
  • find a new job
  • read all the books I keep buying
  • try learning Welsh
  • visit my friend in Florida

Maggie
Reader

Post by Maggie » Thu January 1st, 2009, 9:13 am

For me in 2009 I just want to not forget all the things I love to do. In 2008 I got so wrapped up in all the nasty stuff at work, I forgot all the stuff I like doing.

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Thu January 1st, 2009, 9:53 am

For me: go to college for either the Librarian Diploma or Pilates certification. Write. Sew (I have a number of projects that need completing, and I plan to finish them this year!) I want to drop a dress size - I could do with two but I am looking at the big picture and making small steps.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Alaric
Avid Reader

Post by Alaric » Thu January 1st, 2009, 10:03 am

* buy my first car. I've had my driver's license since I turned sixteen in 2003 but have never bought a car that is actually mine.
* complete my honours degree, hopefully in first-class.
* see if I can find a proper job after completing honours that won't involve doing a PHD.
* get into better shape. I used to be pretty fit from when I played two sports every week but ever since I hurt my knee and stopped playing I've put on about 15kg's too many.
* try and make some headway into one of the many novel ideas I come up with when I can find the time, study permitting.
* read more books than I did last year.
* find time to go on a holiday at some stage.

Return to “Chat”