Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roberta Gellis

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 26th, 2011, 10:45 am

[quote=""EC2""]Oh that's a horrid man in modern opaque panty hose cover that's out of the ark and you are so right about the choice. Then again, the Roselynde stuff might be tied up in other contracts still as regards rights - didn't Harlequin publish the Roselynde material a couple of years ago? I am very surprised too it has to be said.[/quote]

I know Harlequin published the first two, so you may be right. We were chatting about this over at Goodreads and I think the hair color is wrong as well. I think she was white blonde, but it's been a while.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed January 26th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Aha, just read back upthread and Ceridwen Press have the Roselynde Chronicles, so Sourcebooks won't be able to have them.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 26th, 2011, 2:58 pm

[quote=""EC2""]Aha, just read back upthread and Ceridwen Press have the Roselynde Chronicles, so Sourcebooks won't be able to have them.[/quote]

OK, that explains that. Still Tapestry of Dreams is such an odd choice. I wonder how our *modern* romance readers will react to it? IIRC the purple prose is plentiful, and especially so in the sequel Fires of Winter. Oh, those Sir Jehad references :o :) :p :rolleyes: :eek:

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Fri September 30th, 2011, 12:33 am

I'm interested in Gellis's Greek Myths series. Has anyone read them? Are they worth tracking down? I'd also be interested in whether there are plans to reissue or Kindlize them.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri September 30th, 2011, 10:54 pm

In a post where Roberta Gellis talks about the reissue of some of her books, she doesn't mention the Greek Myths series, though she has a contact option so you could ask her :)
http://www.robertagellis.com/a.dear.friends.html

I haven't read any of these (though they sound interesting, if perhaps rather romanticised). I have been very much enjoying the Canongate Myths series, though, and have the latest, A. S. Byatt's Ragnarok, on order.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun April 22nd, 2012, 5:24 pm

The entire Roselynde Chronicles is now out on ebook, you can see all but one of them on this amazon link. The search doesn't pull up book six, but it is available.

Return to “By Author”