Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Norah Lofts The King's Pleasure

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu September 3rd, 2009, 9:37 pm

I thought heaps of her books had been reissued. Saw heaps of them over in the UK and also on Amazon.co.uk
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Thu September 3rd, 2009, 9:45 pm

[quote=""Veronica""]I thought heaps of her books had been reissued. Saw heaps of them over in the UK and also on Amazon.co.uk[/quote]

Oh, lucky you then. :p I'm on the other side of the Atlantic. Only a few of her books have been reissued in the US. And I have them all. Except for the one which comes out in December.

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu September 3rd, 2009, 9:58 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]Oh, lucky you then. :p I'm on the other side of the Atlantic. Only a few of her books have been reissued in the US. And I have them all. Except for the one which comes out in December.[/quote]

Might be worth the while for you to look at Amazon.co.uk or Ebay. :) I hate to wait for books knowing they are available in order countries. :D

Nefret
Bibliomaniac

Post by Nefret » Fri September 4th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Shall have to try that. Did find a nice European site that had historical fiction. But I didn't see any of hers. Maybe I should do some more looking. And I'd probably only find used older copies in the US.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Fri September 4th, 2009, 3:24 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]Shall have to try that. Did find a nice European site that had historical fiction. But I didn't see any of hers. Maybe I should do some more looking. And I'd probably only find used older copies in the US.[/quote]

Nefret, have you tried Book Depository? I would think the Plaidy UK reissues would be readily available on there.

I've found most of the older Plaidy books pretty easily used, though. They crop up a lot on eBay, and though I had to wait a few months, several ones that I had been looking for showed up on PaperbackSwap.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Fri September 4th, 2009, 4:47 pm

I've come across several wonderful finds at PBS, some Dorothy Dunnett and Plaidy too.

I have the Kings Pleasure and The Concubine but have yet to read them, every time I think I might I'm burned out on the Tudors.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac

Post by Nefret » Sat September 5th, 2009, 4:56 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]Nefret, have you tried Book Depository? I would think the Plaidy UK reissues would be readily available on there.

I've found most of the older Plaidy books pretty easily used, though. They crop up a lot on eBay, and though I had to wait a few months, several ones that I had been looking for showed up on PaperbackSwap.[/quote]

Oh, thanks for the suggestion. They even have a US based site. Think that I shall have some fun here.

nona- I had to go visit the Plantagenets for a while. Then I went back to Tudors for a bit.
(I skip around time periods very often.)
Last edited by Nefret on Sat September 5th, 2009, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Sat September 5th, 2009, 5:27 am

Ebay Australia always has plentu of old Jean Plaidy books

Nefret
Bibliomaniac

Post by Nefret » Wed September 16th, 2009, 3:10 am

Now am the proud owner of The Lute Player and Crown of Aloes. Oh, how I love that site now. :D

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Sun April 18th, 2010, 10:25 pm

One of my website visitors alerted me to a missing Norah Lofts novel, and when I went to make sure all of her historical novels were listed, I was astonished to see how many there were! She used settings in medieval and 18th-19th century England repeatedly, but she also wrote novels set in the ancient Biblical world, in the Caribbean, and the Dutch East Indies. I've just put up a blog post about the novels I added to the site. She wrote a few contemporary novels, as well, though of course I haven't added them at HistoricalNovels.info.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Return to “By Author”