Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dejavu book covers

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat March 30th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Same photo shoot?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Sat March 30th, 2013, 6:51 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Same photo shoot?[/quote]

Oh yes definitely. Those are quite some bows on the front of the dress!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 31st, 2013, 4:35 pm

Couple of others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun March 31st, 2013, 4:43 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Couple of others.[/quote]

I have that one too on one of my foreign editions! Forgotten which country.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun March 31st, 2013, 5:11 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]OK, I swear this one looks familiar - and please note that I am thoroughly enjoying this book - but I swear I've seen this lady's back before.

Image[/quote]
Actually, Pat got them to modify this cover to her tastes (miracles do happen) because the first version showed same lady on hill with castle in the distance. Pat told her editor: "There WERE no stone castles before the Normans! This is SAXON England!" and she actually got them to change it.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 31st, 2013, 6:08 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Actually, Pat got them to modify this cover to her tastes (miracles do happen) because the first version showed same lady on hill with castle in the distance. Pat told her editor: "There WERE no stone castles before the Normans! This is SAXON England!" and she actually got them to change it.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun March 31st, 2013, 6:39 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Actually, Pat got them to modify this cover to her tastes (miracles do happen) because the first version showed same lady on hill with castle in the distance. Pat told her editor: "There WERE no stone castles before the Normans! This is SAXON England!" and she actually got them to change it.[/quote]

But it's still a stone castle doorway in a 13thC design and with a dress style from a much later period. This is a comment on publishers' notions, not a denigration of the novel. Gawd knows i suffer from the same and worse all the time!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 31st, 2013, 8:16 pm

[quote=""EC2""]But it's still a stone castle doorway in a 13thC design and with a dress style from a much later period. This is a comment on publishers' notions, not a denigration of the novel. Gawd knows i suffer from the same and worse all the time![/quote]

It is rough having so little control over your own covers.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu April 4th, 2013, 5:12 pm

See my comment #199. I think we got another match.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Fri April 19th, 2013, 9:00 am

[quote=""EC2""]But it's still a stone castle doorway in a 13thC design and with a dress style from a much later period. This is a comment on publishers' notions, not a denigration of the novel. Gawd knows i suffer from the same and worse all the time![/quote]
Misfit wrote:It is rough having so little control over your own covers.
Speaking of which, I saw the new cover for The Falcons of Montabard in WHSmith yesterday. Very nice! The dress is very pretty.

Return to “General Discussion”