Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

barry lyndon

Jemidar
Avid Reader

Post by Jemidar » Thu March 11th, 2010, 10:05 am

[quote=""chuck""]I agree "Barry Lyndon" is a handsome film ....with the exception.... That Ryan O'Neil was miscast......[/quote]

Yes, I must admit that Ryan O'Neil gave me more than a moments hesitation, but the rest of it looks so gorgeous, I just think I'll have to risk it :p .
Jenny

"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Currently Reading:

Kveto from Prague
Compulsive Reader

Post by Kveto from Prague » Thu March 11th, 2010, 1:29 pm

[quote=""Jemidar""]Yes, I must admit that Ryan O'Neil gave me more than a moments hesitation, but the rest of it looks so gorgeous, I just think I'll have to risk it :p .[/quote]

although o neil is not up to the acting task, his performance doesnt take away from the film (something common to kubrick films). you get the feeling that kubrick got saddled with oniel by the studio and made due as best he could. what i can say is that oniel is "good enough" for the part.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”