Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We're BAAACK!

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Mon August 25th, 2008, 7:56 pm

"MLE" wrote: Hope my avatar will cooperate.

It is possible that we will not be able to post avatars until we make a certain number of posts. It seems that what is on our User CPs now is a profile picture not an avatar.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Julianne Douglas
Avid Reader

Postby Julianne Douglas » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Thanks so much for starting this new site! It would have been such a shame to let this great forum die.

I will do a post about the new site on my blog to help spread the word.

Thanks again!
Julianne Douglas

Writing the Renaissance

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Have those of you trying to post avatars tried "Edit Avatar" in your user profile?

As far as I can tell, avatars are enabled for everyone, so people should be able to post them unless they're larger than the board allows.

LoisAnn
Reader

Postby LoisAnn » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:40 pm

"Administrator" wrote:Have those of you trying to post avatars tried "Edit Avatar" in your user profile?

As far as I can tell, avatars are enabled for everyone, so people should be able to post them unless they're larger than the board allows.

Maybe it's just me - I can't find an "edit avatar" link anywhere ... ???:confused:
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. ~ Charles de Secondat

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:43 pm

I cannot tell you how pleased I am to have the board up!

I was suffering massive withdrawal symptoms!

I'll post some reviews tonight.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:45 pm

"LoisAnn" wrote:Maybe it's just me - I can't find an "edit avatar" link anywhere ... ???:confused:

Go to UserCP and then Edit Avatar

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Postby Rowan » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Hey... I just joined. Used to be Lady Sorbus, but as I'm trying to get rid of that ID online, I've switched to another I've used elsewhere.

If any help is needed with graphics, I'm pretty handy with graphics, so just holla.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Postby Susan » Mon August 25th, 2008, 8:53 pm

"Administrator" wrote:Have those of you trying to post avatars tried "Edit Avatar" in your user profile?

I don't see an edit avatar option.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Postby diamondlil » Mon August 25th, 2008, 9:00 pm

If you go to User CP and then about half way down the page there is an Edit Avatar option.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favorite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Postby MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon August 25th, 2008, 9:11 pm

There isn't any 'edit avatar' option on my user CP. I checked three times, just to make sure I wasn't missing it.

Return to “Chat”