Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My Paris

Post your pet pictures here!
cw gortner
Bibliophile

My Paris

Post by cw gortner » Mon October 27th, 2008, 1:52 am

This is Paris, about eight years ago. She still looks very much the same, no grey hairs at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cw gortner on Mon October 27th, 2008, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE QUEEN'S VOW available on June 12, 2012!
THE TUDOR SECRET, Book I in the Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
THE CONFESSIONS OF CATHERINE DE MEDICI
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon October 27th, 2008, 2:05 am

What a cutie! Very perky looking.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Carine
Compulsive Reader
Currently reading: Jonkvrouw - Jean-Claude Van Ryckeghem
Interest in HF: I love history
Favourite HF book: Can't pin that down to only 1 :-)
Preferred HF: Medieval, Tudor and Ancient Egyptian

Post by Carine » Mon October 27th, 2008, 7:09 am

Lovely dog C.W. ! So cute !

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon October 27th, 2008, 9:04 am

She's lovely, CW! She has ears like a bat!! :D I bet she can hear her dinner being dished out a mile away. LOL.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Post by Catherine Delors » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:53 am

CW, Was Paris named after the city? (Ms. Hilton wasn't around yet 8 years ago, was she?)

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:32 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]She's lovely, CW! She has ears like a bat!! :D I bet she can hear her dinner being dished out a mile away. LOL.[/quote]

I'm laughing!! Yes, aren't her ears magnificent? We think she gets HBO and Showtime simultaneously and can pick up messages from Octar 9, in the neighboring galaxy. Sometimes she pauses, cocks her head and listens attently to something we can't hear and we both whisper, "Alien messages again . . ." She's our little satellite.
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:35 pm

[quote=""Catherine Delors""]CW, Was Paris named after the city? (Ms. Hilton wasn't around yet 8 years ago, was she?)[/quote]

Yes, she was. We were planning a trip to Paris that we had to cancel because our last dog was very ill. Thus, when Paris came into our life we both knew immediatly what we wanted to call her: she brought us that same lovely feeling, that joie de vivre, we always experience when we go to Paris, and since Cha-Cha's passing we hadn't felt anything but sorrow for months.
THE LAST QUEEN

www.cwgortner.com

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Mon October 27th, 2008, 11:46 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]I'm laughing!! Yes, aren't her ears magnificent? We think she gets HBO and Showtime simultaneously and can pick up messages from Octar 9, in the neighboring galaxy. Sometimes she pauses, cocks her head and listens attently to something we can't hear and we both whisper, "Alien messages again . . ." She's our little satellite.[/quote]

LOL. Paris has great ears. My dogs have those long, floppy curly ones! One of them is always at the vets with his ears and has actually had to have his right ear canal removed due to an ongoing infection which just wouldn't go away. Poor thing is deaf in that ear now. However, I do think sometimes he just pretends he can't hear you!
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Tue October 28th, 2008, 12:54 pm

[quote=""cw gortner""]I'm laughing!! Yes, aren't her ears magnificent? We think she gets HBO and Showtime simultaneously and can pick up messages from Octar 9, in the neighboring galaxy. Sometimes she pauses, cocks her head and listens attently to something we can't hear and we both whisper, "Alien messages again . . ." She's our little satellite.[/quote]

But if she cocks her head to listen and then suddenly runs out of the room it's cos she's heard a gnat fart and knows what comes next. :D :p

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue October 28th, 2008, 4:30 pm

She's adorable!! I just love that face!! :D
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

Return to “Pet Pix”