Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Downton Abbey

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu March 22nd, 2012, 10:50 pm

I started watching the first season tonight on amazon prime-I had it on my netflix que forever and it still hasn't come. Anyway, the episode starts and I feel like I'm missing something because I don't know what is going on. Then I looked at the information and don't you know I started with the 7th episode. No wonder I had no idea!!
Brenna

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Fri March 23rd, 2012, 8:50 am

LOL!

We've got the last episode of Upstairs Downstairs in the UK this weekend. It's not quite as good as Downton but still enjoying it. It's also the first episode of Titanic (written by Julian Fellowes who writes Downton) to be shown on ITV1 at the same time as UD!! :rolleyes:
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

robinbird79
Avid Reader

Post by robinbird79 » Fri March 23rd, 2012, 11:49 pm

Titanic? What? What is this?? :)
Currently Reading: Crown in Candlelight, R. H. Jarmen

http://almostcrazymommy.blogspot.com

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sat March 24th, 2012, 1:24 am

We have no schedule here for Titanic so I ordered it at Amazon UK. I think it will be released on DVD in April, so I pre-ordered it just to make sure. It should arrive sometime in May and I guess then I will read that it IS being shown here :rolleyes: :D ....But I'm looking forward to it.

Bec :) PS: I also agree about Upstairs/Downstairs...I don't compare it to DA, but I do compare it to the old series and it seems to lack something...Perhaps I just miss Hudson!

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Sat March 24th, 2012, 9:57 am

Titanic starts in the UK on Sunday. It's written/adapted by Julian Fellowes from A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (also an old film starring Kenneth Moore).

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat March 24th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Loved the Downton Abbey Christmas Special- wonderful ending - had me sniffling a little :)

Yes, I've been foloowing the hype about Fellowes' Titanic series - no doubt it will be months before it makes it here...

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Sat March 24th, 2012, 11:46 pm

I'll be stalking the download sites for Titanic!

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Sun March 25th, 2012, 1:13 am

[quote=""annis""]Loved the Downton Abbey Christmas Special- wonderful ending - had me sniffling a little :)

Yes, I've been foloowing the hype about Fellowes' Titanic series - no doubt it will be months before it makes it here...[/quote]

I enjoyed watching it too, but I was sorry to see Iain Glen(SP?) leave. I think every show needs a nasty, though there are two downstairs, one is needed upstairs! But I suppose the actor is busy now with GOT season 3 preps.

Bec :) PS: Any word about Downtown Abbey Season 3 and when it will air?

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Sun March 25th, 2012, 10:29 am

I loved Maggie Smith's last retort to Iain Glenn after he said 'You probably won't see me again'. 'Do you promise?' :D

I would imagine series 3 will be shown in the autumn in the UK.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun March 25th, 2012, 7:42 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]Titanic starts in the UK on Sunday. It's written/adapted by Julian Fellowes from A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (also an old film starring Kenneth Moore).[/quote]

The Titanic mini-series is scheduled to air in the US on April 14-15 on ABC.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”