Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Same book?

Trying to remember a title or an author? Want to know who or what a particular novel is about? Want a recommendation for books about a particular person or period? Post here!
SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Tue March 13th, 2012, 7:34 pm

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]I can't think of recent examples, but I have some old (1950's) mass market paperbacks where the title was different from the original hardcover, usually to make the paperback more sensational. Philip Lindsay's rather unsexy novel about Katherine Howard Here Comes the King, for instance, was given the title Royal Scandal in paperback (and a sexy cover).[/quote]

The name change I notice most is Philip Pulman's Northern Lights which was renamed The Golden Compass in the US. I am not sure how many other countries this affected.
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Return to “Ask Your Fellow Readers”