Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Black Knights of the Hudson Series

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
bevgray
Reader

Black Knights of the Hudson Series

Post by bevgray » Tue February 7th, 2012, 5:31 pm

I posted this in the forum for members books and realized I forgot to mention it here as well.

The BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE HUDSON is a series of books that takes a U.S. Army family from 1860 through World War II. The series title is taken from the nickname of the graduates of the U.S. Miltary Academy at West Point, N.Y.

The first five books (1860 to 1917) are available in eBook format from Smashwords, Amazon Kindle Store, Barnes and Noble Nook Store, Apple IBook store, and a couple of other eBook online retailers.

The series may appeal to those who enjoy historical fiction, family saga, and military fiction.

The first book in the series, BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE HUDSON BOOK I: SHADOW OF THE FLAGS (1860 - 1868) is available for FREE at all eBook retailers.

For more information about the series, please visit my WEB SITE.
Beverly C. Gray
Army Brat and Lover of Historical Fiction
Guests are always welcome at my Web Site

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue February 7th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Thanks Bev, got it. Now to find time to get through my ever growing pile of freebies... :o
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Tue February 7th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Thanks Misfit. I hope you enjoy it. No rush. I downloaded a bunch myself that I'm wading through.
Beverly C. Gray

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed February 8th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Sounds interesting. Are there any plans to publish in paperback form in the future?

bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Wed February 8th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Hi LoveHistory. At this time, I have no plans to publish other than in the eBook format (although I'm also taking a look at the podio book site that partners with Smashwords). I'm testing the waters a bit to gauge the interest of the series as well as to see if readers enjoy my work. I figured the eBook version was the best way to start. The books are very new so I won't have much idea of their appeal for a few months yet. I work full time so I'm approaching this entire venture in baby steps. Also, I still have several more volumes to write so I don't want to get too carried away.

For those without eReaders, you can download the books in non-eBook formats from Smashwords (link is to the First Book which is FREE in all formats). The pdf format can be viewed on your PC or printed out (8 1/2 x 11 rather than book size) and the html format can be viewed in your Web browser.

Just took a peek at your own web site. Very nice.
Last edited by bevgray on Wed February 8th, 2012, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beverly C. Gray

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri February 10th, 2012, 3:18 am

Thanks, Bev. I'm not much for reading on the computer, but I will get an eReader eventually and I'm always happy to recommend books to my sisters with their Kindles. :D

bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Fri February 10th, 2012, 10:16 pm

You're very welcome. I finally broke down and got a kindle for Christmas just this year and am loving it. Much easier to hold than a paperback. I didn't think I'd like it but once you adjust to the finger tap to change the page instead of flipping a page it's wonderful.
Beverly C. Gray

bevgray
Reader

Post by bevgray » Sat March 3rd, 2012, 4:19 pm

Okay, I just have to brag a little bit. I've just received another review for BLACK KNIGHTS OF THE HUDSON on Amazon. This was from a lady who also has military connections. In addition to taking the time to review the series on Amazon, she also posted a comment on my blog which I thought was such a kind gesture. What pleases me about Elizabeth's review is that she explained why she enjoyed the books rather than just saying "I liked them". For the record, I don't know either of the readers who wrote the reviews so, at least I've discovered that the books are appealing to some folks out there. I'm very grateful that readers are taking a peek at my work.
Beverly C. Gray

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat March 3rd, 2012, 6:41 pm

Congrats Bev.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue March 6th, 2012, 7:01 pm