Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The best thing today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu February 16th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Five years ago today, I met my husband. All day I've played back that first meeting, what I was feeling and all that mushy stuff. He still gives me butterflies!
Brenna

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Thu February 16th, 2012, 11:51 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Five years ago today, I met my husband. All day I've played back that first meeting, what I was feeling and all that mushy stuff. He still gives me butterflies![/quote]

Aww, happy anniversary Brenna, and congratulations too!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri February 17th, 2012, 3:30 am

Happy anniversary, Brenna.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat February 18th, 2012, 4:06 am

Ok, this one cracked me up. A couple days ago I posted in the Worst Thing thread about a major tantrum. Well today it was our middle son's turn to have a fit. His are milder by far but he did throw some refrigerator magnets. Now our youngest son (the one who had the meltdown a few days ago) was sitting at the table watching his older brother's behavior, and he looked up and said "No throwing."

It's funny because throwing is one of his favorite things, but it's also incredible progress. Not only is he openly acknowledging the rules, he's reminding his brothers about them. Fantastic! I'd bake a cake if I weren't trying to lose weight.

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Thu February 23rd, 2012, 4:49 pm

Actually a couple of days ago but...finished my the rewrite on my WIP Monday after a six week marathon. Really got in the zone, so "life" kind of got shoved aside (including posting on my favorite sites.) Time to send it off to beta readers. Yay, one step closer to finished!

I decided to take Tuesday off and catch up on stuff, but got a call from the agent who asked to see my second book. She's a great agent who represents some other folks here on the site, so I was very excited. She likes it...she really likes it...but wants me to beef up one of the elements, before she makes a decision to take me on. Spent Wednesday rereading the manuscript to see if I could/would make the changes. Made my decision. Looks like I'm back into rewrite mode...see y'all in a week or so! :D
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri February 24th, 2012, 12:23 am

That's fantastic news, Faith! We'll be here when you're done.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Sat February 25th, 2012, 7:50 am

Going to a concert this evening. :D
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun February 26th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Good for you, Faith, and BEST OF LUCK!!!

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun February 26th, 2012, 10:57 pm

My best thing is Bay Area weather! Jay and I spent last week making the rounds of family in Seattle/Port Townsend, and it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY! My sis, determined to show us Washington hiking, insisted on taking us up Tiger Mountain Saturday in sleet, and I flew back with wet feet. (Note to self: next time, say 'No'.)

Today I hiked up my own hill, sunshine, grass, blue skies. :)

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Mon February 27th, 2012, 1:05 am

My back seems to be feeling better. AND, against all best indications for a sprained one, I did clean house yesterday - so I'm not sitting here recuperating in a pigsty! Hooray!

Return to “Chat”