Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

cw gortner
Bibliophile

Post by cw gortner » Wed October 8th, 2008, 9:25 pm

I'm reading it now - and I should be working! :o I'm completely enthralled

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Sun October 26th, 2008, 1:13 am

I just finished reading The Heretic Queen and enjoyed it very much. My review is posted at http://www.HistoricalNovels.info/Heretic-Queen.html. I wrote the review before reading this thread, and actually picked a passage from Chapter 10 to quote in my review that explains the title. During the wedding procession, the Egyptian people lining the streets greet Nefertari by shouting that she is "Another Heretic Queen!" Perhaps I was less puzzled by the title than others, because I haven't read Nefertiti yet and so came to The Heretic Queen without any preconceptions. I do think The Heretic Queen easily stands on its own.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

Erika Mailman
Scribbler

Post by Erika Mailman » Sun October 26th, 2008, 2:18 am

The Heretic Queen is a really eye-catching title, and in today's crowded marketplace that counts for a lot. And The Heretic's Niece just doesn't have the same ring!
The Witch's Trinity
Visit my website at www.erikamailman.com
I blog about witchcraft at www.erikamailman.blogspot.com

Ellie
Reader

Post by Ellie » Sun December 14th, 2008, 10:29 am

I finally got hold of it on Friday night (its Sunday in Australia btw) and finished it this morning. I loved it! We had Xmas family get togethers all weekend and I was tired from work so finding time to read was hard but when I was able to read I could't put it down. I already new about Nefertari but found my self still anxious about her future, brilliant stuff can't wait for the next book. A perfect 10!

Ellie
Reader

Post by Ellie » Mon December 15th, 2008, 6:00 am

Wait! One problem. It was waaaay to short... I wanted it much longer. Michelle, are you planning on maybe some day writing a sequel on Nefertari to cover her later life?

Helen_Davis

Post by Helen_Davis » Mon December 15th, 2008, 2:15 pm

I got it from the library and had to buy it b/c I dropped it in the tub!

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon December 15th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Crikey - given the subject matter, I hope it was ass's milk - LOL!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Mon December 15th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Ellie, I'm so glad you liked it!!!! No, I don't think I'll be writing a sequel (although I would love to!). Sequels are notoriously difficult to sell, unless the first book has gone absolutely blockbuster. Instead, my next book will be Cleopatra's Daughter, and my agent and I are already planning for books four and five, which will probably be set either in Rome or the Middle Ages (my two great loves).

And Andromeda, I'm sorry to hear about your tub catastrophe. I ruined a book once that way. Unfortunately for me, it was a rare book from the library that cost $72 to replace (and that was because I went out and purchased it... they wanted to charge me $160)!
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon December 15th, 2008, 10:19 pm

I'm glad you are thinking about future books :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon December 15th, 2008, 11:09 pm

[quote=""michellemoran""]Instead, my next book will be Cleopatra's Daughter, and my agent and I are already planning for books four and five, which will probably be set either in Rome or the Middle Ages (my two great loves).[/quote]

Michelle, what wonderful news about books four and five. I loved both of your books and eagerly await your future ones. I love Rome and obviously the Middle Ages also.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Return to “By Author's Last Name M-Q”