Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Wed November 16th, 2011, 8:06 pm

I thought Creation was fab too Annis, although it's been a while since I saw it. Just been to see Tin Tin in 3D at the pictures, really fun and action packed! :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Wed November 16th, 2011, 9:33 pm

I went to see The Rum Diary with my daughter this evening. It was a little quirky but it grew on me and it had a few funny moments. It did have the added bonus of Johnny Depp so he made up for what the film lacked! LOL.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Texas
Scribbler

Post by Texas » Thu November 17th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Vanessa, thanks for the movie review, because I've been wondering about whether to see that one. Depp was actually a close friend of Hunter S. Thompson and apparently feels strongly about accurately portraying his work. If anybody hasn't read Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail, it's a political/historical work that I think keeps its freshness.

Shelley
Rain: A Dust Bowl Story
http://dustbowlpoetry.wordpress.com

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Post by N. Gemini Sasson » Sun November 20th, 2011, 11:35 pm

We saw Immortals last night. I really wanted to like it and certain parts were good: Henry Cavill and Freida Pinto make a gorgeous pair and I loved Luke Evans as Zeus. But King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) gave me the willies. I had to cover my eyes a few times. It was pretty graphic. Can't remember the last time I did that at a movie.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Mon November 21st, 2011, 3:44 am

I've been watching to see The Immortals. Is it similar to the new Clash of the Titans?
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon November 21st, 2011, 1:45 pm

The Matrix. Only one word I can think of for this one: COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Mon November 28th, 2011, 4:21 pm

Saw "The Descendants" with George Clooney on Black Friday. Shailene Woodley, the young actress that played his oldest daughter, stole the movie!

Saw "The Muppets" yesterday. We went to a 8:15 evening show, sold out adult audience. Laughed and cried.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Mon November 28th, 2011, 6:40 pm

[quote=""fljustice""]

Saw "The Muppets" yesterday. We went to a 8:15 evening show, sold out adult audience. Laughed and cried.[/quote]

I grew up on the Muppets, my niece Harm, who didn't, doesn't understand my attachment to them! When Henson died I cried, and said "Kermie's dead", ok I was 17 at the time, but I was still upset!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon November 28th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Ok no laughing, but a couple of my girlfriends and I went to see the newest Twilight movie. The acting has gotten much better since the first one!
Brenna

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Mon November 28th, 2011, 9:21 pm

X-Men: First Class was last movie we watched. Have also been watching season 1 and 2 of the show, Rescue Me, with my husband (the latest show he's gotten hooked on).

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”