Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello from Denmark

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Wed October 12th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Welcome Susanne! :)

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Halla dansken! Antligen en skandinavier till! ;)

You will enjoy this forum.
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Welcome, Susanne! Great that you're here!

Chiliarch
Scribbler

Post by Chiliarch » Thu October 13th, 2011, 8:29 am

Thank you for your kind words of welcome. I am truly happy to be here. This is a very friendly forum and I am sure that I shall enjoy myself and even get around to posting a bit (well, I am working on it).

Chiliarch
Scribbler

Post by Chiliarch » Thu October 13th, 2011, 8:32 am

[QUOTE=Veronica;92842]Halla dansken! Antligen en skandinavier till! ;)

Ja, der er jo ikke mange af os rundt omkring men det er dejligt at mode en fra den anden side af jordkloden :)

Chiliarch
Scribbler

Post by Chiliarch » Thu October 13th, 2011, 8:34 am

I'm currently reading "The Golden Mean" by Annabel Lyon, which is about Alexander and Aristotle. Have you read that yet?

I have indeed, though truth be told, it's not one of my favourites.

Manda Scott
Reader

Post by Manda Scott » Thu October 13th, 2011, 10:39 am

[quote=""Chiliarch""]

My favourite writer is Mary Renault. Nobody gets that truly ancient Greek feel through the way she does. But there are a lot of extremely talented writers out there, which pleases me no end as I can’t get enough of the stuff.

Oh, and three dogs.

Susanne[/quote]

Susanne - welcome from another huge, huge Mary Renault fan.... Until last year, her book 'The Fire from Heaven' was the one that sat on my desk so that I could open it at random and read real, perfect, untarnished, glorious prose whenever I was stuck. It's been replaced recently by 'Wolf Hall' but that's mainly because I know ever line of Fire by heart...

welcome to the list. I hope you enjoy your time here. I've just bought, 'The Song of Achilles' and am so looking forward to reading it. (and I've got 2 dogs - mother and daughter - and am in awe of anyone who can manage any more than that in the house)

manda

Bestselling author of
Boudica: Dreaming. INTO THE FIRE out in June 2015: Forget what you thought you knew, this changes everything.

[url=http:www.mandascott.co.uk]http:www.mandascott.co.uk[/url]

wendy
Compulsive Reader

Post by wendy » Thu October 13th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Hi Susanne - It's always a pleasure to meet people with different interests and excperiences! Welcome.
Wendy K. Perriman
Fire on Dark Water (Penguin, 2011)
http://www.wendyperriman.com
http://www.FireOnDarkWater.com

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Fri October 14th, 2011, 8:32 am

[quote=""Chiliarch""]Ja, der er jo ikke mange af os rundt omkring men det er dejligt at mode en fra den anden side af jordkloden :) [/quote]

I lige made. :) Far away from home.
A common "warning" to new members is to be aware of a rapidly growing TBR pile after joining this forum. It wont take long, I'm sure, till you know what I mean. ;)
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

Leyland
Bibliophile

Post by Leyland » Fri October 14th, 2011, 1:33 pm

[quote=""Chiliarch""] feeling almost sad when a truly good read comes to an end. [/quote] I know exactly how you feel! And I'm sure you know by now how well you fit within this forum of readers, so welcome to the fun. Mary Stewart got me into modern Greece, Edith Hamilton got me into the myths and Mary Renault made me feel the ancient ways!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Ode

Return to “Introduce Yourself”