Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed September 14th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Oh good GRIEF, today seems to be the day for people to just be an utterly depressing and dispiritingly petty breed. Brenna, I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with this - but admire your taking the venom out and showing your strength.

You were also pretty kind not to *ahem* at them and stand there silently, eyebrow up, an expectant look on your face. Generosity and strength!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed September 14th, 2011, 11:35 pm

I'm cheering for you, Brenna!

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu September 15th, 2011, 4:33 am

Bravo Brenna! Yep keep on smiling :) ..and yep I also noted down MLE's words, very wise lady.

Bec :)

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Thu September 15th, 2011, 8:34 am

You will have to grow a thick skin, Brenna, and not them bother you at all. They are simply not worth it.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu September 15th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Thank you again everyone! Vanessa-my mother has been telling me to grow a thick skin since I was 5. If someone could show me how to do it, that would be great. I've tried everything but I'm still just a sensitive person. I'm the person that can't watch animal movies because I am devastated if they are hurt, treated poorly, or killed. I cry my heart out to see older men and women being ignored, confused, or left behind. Ah well.

I'm home today with a horrible head cold. :( While having the cold stinks, not being at work is a blessing.
Brenna

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon September 19th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Day 5 of being sick. Have a doctor's appointment at 4 today to hopefully find out what is going on. I think it's more than a head cold. The boss sent me home so here I am.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon September 26th, 2011, 3:04 am

My kids have been sick all week. The weather sucks. And my depression is acting up again.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon September 26th, 2011, 2:40 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]My kids have been sick all week. The weather sucks. And my depression is acting up again.[/quote]

The weather does suck and it certainly doesn't help moods! I hope the sun begins to shine, the kids feel better, and you can smile once again!! :)
Brenna

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Mon September 26th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Hope you feel better soon Brenna - do you think all the stuff you're having to put up with at work is making you more susceptible to viruses and hampering your recovery?

Hope things pick up for you too, LH.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue September 27th, 2011, 3:15 pm

[quote=""Madeleine""]Hope you feel better soon Brenna - do you think all the stuff you're having to put up with at work is making you more susceptible to viruses and hampering your recovery?
[/quote]

I think being stressed and feeling down at work certainly doesn't help the immune system. I strongly believe mental, physical, and emotional health are all tied together so I certainly wouldn't put it past my body to react to all of the stress by getting pretty darn sick.
Brenna

Return to “Chat”