Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Sat August 27th, 2011, 3:33 pm

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]Thanks ladies!

Brenna: Did you have to sleep with your head elevated the first night? How did you handle having the nose packed and not being able to blow your nose for over a week? (that's what I was reading on pages about nasal surgery).

SM[/quote]

Well I had to stay in the hospital overnight because of all the complications and the bandages had to be changed every two hours. I didn't sleep at all that night because I don't sleep in the hospital. However, I was so exhausted the next day and had to take pain meds that I slept pretty good. I did sleep a little elevated but honestly, it didn't bother me as much as I thought. The not blowing my nose was hard because I had to wait 3 weeks, but you can blow a very small amount-just very easily because it hurts. Plus you don't really want to either. It's a pain, quite literally, but it's worth it!
Brenna

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat August 27th, 2011, 5:34 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Well I had to stay in the hospital overnight because of all the complications and the bandages had to be changed every two hours. I didn't sleep at all that night because I don't sleep in the hospital. However, I was so exhausted the next day and had to take pain meds that I slept pretty good. I did sleep a little elevated but honestly, it didn't bother me as much as I thought. The not blowing my nose was hard because I had to wait 3 weeks, but you can blow a very small amount-just very easily because it hurts. Plus you don't really want to either. It's a pain, quite literally, but it's worth it![/quote]

I'm not staying in the hospital unless something goes wrong (god willing that doesn't happen!). Thanks for letting me know.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Sat August 27th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Hope the surgery and your recovery goes well SM :)

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sun August 28th, 2011, 11:28 am

Good luck with the surgery Sonja.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue August 30th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Just found out my husband's great aunt died. She was a wonderful, sweet lady and we will miss her terribly.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue August 30th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Sorry to learn that, LoveHistory. Condolences to you and yours.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Tue August 30th, 2011, 7:58 pm

So sorry. My condolences to you and your family.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

krisjackson01

Worst thing for me is a freebie from Irene

Post by krisjackson01 » Tue August 30th, 2011, 8:01 pm

There's lotsa free wood all cut up at the side of the road all over the place. I grabbed a bunch and stuck it in the SUV. An hour later my back started aching. Does this count as a storm-related injury? Should I solicit sympathy from the world, or just console myself that I got some free fireplace wood? That I still have to cut up?
My wife is right. I do whine a lot.

krisjackson01

Post by krisjackson01 » Tue August 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I assume "Harm" is short for Harmony, but it seems an appropriate monicker in this case.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue August 30th, 2011, 8:08 pm

[quote=""krisjackson01""]I assume "Harm" is short for Harmony, but it seems an appropriate monicker in this case.[/quote]

Yes, her name is Harmony.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Return to “Chat”