Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri July 29th, 2011, 3:52 pm

I hope everything went well and you are finally able to get some rest!!
Brenna

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Fri July 29th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Thank you all again. Unfortunately they were not able to save it with a fill, so it had to be removed, sigh! I was able to get some rest when I got home. Now mom is complaining about a bad tooth and I tried calling today to make a apt for her, but it turns out they're closed today, who closes on a Friday?! This is all a pain in the teeth and the wallet!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat July 30th, 2011, 8:12 pm

A lot of dentists are closed on Fridays, SM. Glad you're going to get some relief now that the tooth is gone though.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat July 30th, 2011, 8:27 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]A lot of dentists are closed on Fridays, SM. Glad you're going to get some relief now that the tooth is gone though.[/quote]

Oh I did not know that about Fridays. I still have some pain, but unless it's really bad, it's manageable with Advil, otherwise the generic Vicodin I was prescribed.

One complaint about the whole thing, was that the dental assistant was a bit stingy with water. I have dry mouth and it was tortuous for me, and I kept having to ask for water and she only gave me a little at a time, UGH!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Sun July 31st, 2011, 4:21 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]A lot of dentists are closed on Fridays, SM. Glad you're going to get some relief now that the tooth is gone though.[/quote]
My dentist's office (which is a large one) is open in the mornings on Fridays then closes for the rest of the day.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Thu August 4th, 2011, 2:26 pm

I have had a horrible reaction to new medication and my mother was in a car accident this morning. She's ok, just banged up but it was a very close call.
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Thu August 4th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Sorry to hear that, Brenna. I'm glad your mother is ok.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri August 5th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Thanks LH. She is ok, just really shaken up still. She almost went through someone's house trying to avoid hitting a car that ran a stop sign. She drives a huge truck (because she pulls a horse trailer and a camper) and if she would have hit that other car (off a major highway so going 55 mph) the people in the car would likely have died. Instead, she swerved and the car behind her hit that car instead. Thankfully the person's front yard my mom ended up in didn't have trees or yard ornaments. But the car is still dinged up because mom had to cross over three curbs and a yield triangle. Too close of a call for her comfort to be sure.

Called the doctor and got new medicine so crossing my fingers it all is cleared up by the weekend!
Brenna

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon August 8th, 2011, 11:37 am

Ok so I'm not sure this is the worst thing, but it's the thing making me the most nervous. I am teaching 11-15 year olds all week in summer camp! This is my first time and I'm so scared!!!
Brenna

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue August 9th, 2011, 4:55 pm

You'll do fine, Brenna. Just remember to take deep breaths.

Return to “Chat”