Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hello Everyone

Don't forget to read the rules before posting!
donroc
Compulsive Reader

Post by donroc » Sun July 17th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Welcome, Rebecca, and enjoy.

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6 ... annel_page

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon July 18th, 2011, 12:04 am

Hi Rebecca. Nice to have you with us.

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Mon July 18th, 2011, 4:27 am

Wow what a lovely welcome from everyone. :) Thank you and I do feel welcome.
lol @ Misfit you are encouraging an incorrigable book worm. My poor book shelves are groaning under an impossible weight and that's only my TBR books heehee :D ...I also hope to have plenty of fun on this site.

Hello Elizabeth and yes my TBR is already at insane levels:eek :( thank God for Amazon lol) and I know from reading this site it will grow ever more...Wonderful!

Hello Ash and thank you for your welcome. I have read nearly all of Elizabeth Chadwick books. I have a whole row of them on one of my many book shelves and I am so looking forward to her books on Eleanor of Aquitaine(I read somewhere that Elizabeth would be writing 3 books? Not sure if I am correct? But what a boon for readers YAY!) I also can't wait for Sharon Penman's Lionheart WOOHOO!

Once again many thanks for such a nice welcome, especially as I have a terrible viral flu which is making me feel yucky! :eek:

Best Wishes to all :)

Bec

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Mon July 18th, 2011, 6:31 am

Hi Rebecca! Sorry to hear about your flu, but the joy of the internet is that viral contagion of the influenza sort won't spread across it. Hope you feel better, and have lots of reading material in the meantime.

Manda Scott
Reader

Post by Manda Scott » Mon July 18th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Bec- welcome and with luck you can find a book that will transport you out of the flu until you've recovered (tho' last time I had it, my eyes started to shiver so it was impossible to read - which was the ultimate disaster)
Have you read any Hallie Rubenhold or Imogen Robertson? Not that I want to make your TBR pile impossibly big, but both might appeal...

get well soon!

manda

Bestselling author of
Boudica: Dreaming. INTO THE FIRE out in June 2015: Forget what you thought you knew, this changes everything.

[url=http:www.mandascott.co.uk]http:www.mandascott.co.uk[/url]

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Tue July 19th, 2011, 3:37 am

Hi MLE and yes at least online you are all spared from my sneezing and snuffling. Don't you just hate it when you're out and someone just sneezes without covering their mouth grrr @ them :mad: ! But because of my cold I did finish 'Lady of the English' rather quickly....Though I did play on the 'I'm too sick to do the housework' bit to my benefit heehee. :D

Manda Hi and no I have not heard of those two authors but will now go and look them up.I see where you written about Boudica and have always been fascinated with the legend of Boudica and just recently bought Pauline Gedge's novel on her so I will also take a look at your own books on her. Thanks for the heads up.

Now I shall go and explore the site a bit more. Once again a lovely welcome from you all. Thank you. :)

Best wishes
Bec

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Tue July 19th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Belated welcome, Rebecca. As many have said, we're a very friendly group so please jump in when you're feeling better. And I hope that's soon!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed July 20th, 2011, 12:28 am

Thank you flJustice :)
I am indeed jumping in and thankfully I am beginning to feel better thank goodness, but nothing ever stops me reading :D . Thank you for your kind welcome.

Best wishes :)

Bec

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Wed July 20th, 2011, 2:12 pm

[quote=""rebecca""]I have a whole row of them on one of my many book shelves and I am so looking forward to her books on Eleanor of Aquitaine(I read somewhere that Elizabeth would be writing 3 books? Not sure if I am correct? But what a boon for readers YAY!) I also can't wait for Sharon Penman's Lionheart WOOHOO!
[/quote]

Bec, yes, 3 novels on Eleanor. 1. Her life from 1137 - 1154 when she was crowned queen of England. 2. Her marriage with Henry II, so up to 1189. 3. Her later life as Queen mother and intrepid traveller.

Sharon Penman's books are always a treat aren't they? I'm so glad she's writing 2 on Richard I.
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed July 20th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Welcome Rebecca! Sorry for the delay-I've been too focused on "The Game of Thrones" thread :o

Hope you are on the mend and prepared to shop!!
Brenna

Return to “Introduce Yourself”