Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game of Thrones

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue July 12th, 2011, 8:56 am

[quote=""Brenna""]Perhaps there should have been a spoiler warning there SM! And I was not happy with how that all went down![/quote]

Yep a spoiler alert would have been good! I was shocked when I read that bit in the book, thinking no they haven't...... :eek: There was no way they could change that storyline for the TV series though, and I must admit it's refreshing to see an author who's not afraid to kill off major characters.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue July 12th, 2011, 12:34 pm

I was shocked as I was watching it! I was shocked when he confessed and then relieved because I thought he would be saved. And then... :-( I wonder what is going to happen to his youngest daughter and then his one son freaks me out. He just pops up out of nowhere and says something freaky then disappears again. Weird.
Brenna

sweetpotatoboy
Bibliophile

Post by sweetpotatoboy » Tue July 12th, 2011, 1:21 pm

They're already casting for the second season, though it doesn't seem like they've started work on it yet. From the sound of it, they will keep the name "Game of Thrones", even though that was just the name of the first book in the series and presumably the second season will be based on "A Clash of Kings", the second book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

Sharz
Reader

Post by Sharz » Tue July 12th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I read the first four books back in 2005. When news of the HBO show came out, hubby and I started reading them aloud to each other, starting back in Aug 2010. We were about half through book 2 before the HBO series started and then we paused for that. Loved it! Now we're about 3/4 through book 3.

I would absolutely recommend beginning reading with book 1. You could probably get away without it, but it's very much worth it.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Tue July 12th, 2011, 4:04 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]I was shocked as I was watching it! I was shocked when he confessed and then relieved because I thought he would be saved. And then... :-( I wonder what is going to happen to his youngest daughter and then his one son freaks me out. He just pops up out of nowhere and says something freaky then disappears again. Weird.[/quote]

Yes you do get that temporary reprieve and then......

Hope we haven't spoilt if for you, Vanessa, I know you like Sean! :o
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue July 12th, 2011, 4:15 pm

I already knew as I was doing a browse on the internet! :rolleyes: It came up with an interview with Sean Bean.

It's just a shame he won't be in the next one. :(
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue July 12th, 2011, 4:31 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]Perhaps there should have been a spoiler warning there SM! And I was not happy with how that all went down![/quote]

Eek my bad! I was bad and assumed that this was a place for people who were watching it or had read the book and already knew what happened, bad Sonja! No Cookie!

I edited my post to put the spoiler in a spoiler tag, though that's a bit like closing the barn door after the animals have already escaped, again sorry!

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Tue July 12th, 2011, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue July 12th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Haha because you came up with a very hilarious response, all if forgiven! :-)
Brenna

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue July 12th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Oh thank you! So I can stop grovelling? It's very hard on the knees and back!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Tue July 12th, 2011, 9:36 pm

[quote=""Vanessa""]I already knew as I was doing a browse on the internet! :rolleyes: It came up with an interview with Sean Bean.

It's just a shame he won't be in the next one. :( [/quote]

Well, he could show up in flashbacks, as they'll have to show some to reveal some of the underlying mysteries related to events when Eddard was young.

I wonder if they've cast Melisandre for season 2? It will be interesting to see who plays her.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”