Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun June 12th, 2011, 11:33 am

Airplane. Ridiculous, but fun. Loved the love theme. Can't go wrong with Bernstein.

donroc
Compulsive Reader

Post by donroc » Sun June 12th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Emerald -- an OSS tale of WWII ca. 1985 with Ed Harris, Eric Stolz, Patrick Stewart, Max von Sydow, Horst Buchholz, and Helmut Berger. Enjoyed it.

Bodo the Apostate, a novel set during the reign of Louis the Pious and end of the Carolingian Empire.

http://www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6 ... annel_page

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun June 12th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Amelia. It was OK. Kinda dull. I actually wanted to know more about the teen female pilot.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun June 12th, 2011, 5:41 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Airplane. Ridiculous, but fun. Loved the love theme. Can't go wrong with Bernstein.[/quote]

Surely you can't be serious?
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Love, love, love Airplane!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Mon June 13th, 2011, 11:45 am

Hubby and I watched True Grit (the new version) and Hereafterthis weekend. I wasn't a big fan of either one (in fact I read through much of both). Oh well!
Brenna

N. Gemini Sasson
Reader

Post by N. Gemini Sasson » Mon June 13th, 2011, 1:23 pm

This is probably out on DVD by now, but Limitless was one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. It's about a washed up, divorced writer who discovers a magic pill (literally) which helps him write the Great American Novel. Of course, there are side effects...

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Mon June 13th, 2011, 10:51 pm

[quote=""N. Gemini Sasson""]This is probably out on DVD by now, but Limitless was one of the better movies I've seen in awhile. It's about a washed up, divorced writer who discovers a magic pill (literally) which helps him write the Great American Novel. Of course, there are side effects...[/quote]

Oh I want to see that!

Watched Sherlock Holmes. Not bad. Probably bears little resemblance to the stories, but not bad. Liked the music.

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Wed June 15th, 2011, 5:05 am

I finally ground my way through the second season of the Tudors. Not as horrible as the first season, but I still can't really see Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, he's not at all right for Henry VIII.

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Wed June 15th, 2011, 8:57 am

[quote=""Telynor""]I finally ground my way through the second season of the Tudors. Not as horrible as the first season, but I still can't really see Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, he's not at all right for Henry VIII.[/quote]

Just wait til the 4th series, when he's playing Henry as an old man, and thinks that by deepening his voice it makes him sound old; oh yes, and he gets more Irish as he gets older too :D I always thought he was mis-cast; in fact, when I read he'd be playing Henry I thought it was a joke :eek: however I sort of got used to him; I think with the Tudors you just have to go with it really. ;)
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Wed June 15th, 2011, 3:38 pm

What ticked me off was Meyers refused to gain weight or wear a body suit to show Henry the VIII gaining weight as he aged. How do you get away with that? The man was like 300 lbs when he died but Meyers still has his six pack!!
Brenna

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”