Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat June 4th, 2011, 6:27 pm

I hope they can fix whatever is going on with your arm, Sonja.

Sorry to hear about your friend's pre-diagnosis, Diane.

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat June 4th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Thanks Faith & Love! I've been asleep all day and didn't eat lunch cause of my meds.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Sun June 5th, 2011, 1:03 am

[quote=""SonjaMarie""]Today my right arm starting hurting a lot, and not like my usual fibromyalgia pain, and I've been on Vicodin and Valium all day and it still hurts. Ice pack wasn't helping, it actually amplified the pain! So I'm using a heating pad instead. If I'm still having too much pain my doctor says they're prescribe something stronger until my apt. on Monday.[/quote]

Sonja, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. I hope things are better for you soon.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sun June 5th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Thank you, fljustice and LoveHistory. The disease is terminal, and usually attacks women of advancing years. It was unusual for my father, at 63, to be diagnosed (and moreso for him to survive two years). For a woman of 43, it is rare. She had preexisting chronic, incurable conditions to which this diagnosis could be related - AND this disease is not rarely mis-diagnosed. It may take some weeks for us to hear confirmation or revision of the diagnosis, as she will have to travel to Johns Hopkins, and in the meantime all the insurance-clearances and appointment-makings must go on, but I pray for misdiagnosis. This is a bitter death, and my friend is one of the most sincerely loving women I know. The blessing is that her husband is as fine and fierce a partner as she could hope to have, and he is searching already for ways to fight for her.

She's been wanting a diagnosis for this piece of what has been wrong with her for a long time now. In this instance: I hope she still doesn't have one. This answer needs to be wrong.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sun June 5th, 2011, 5:52 pm

[quote=""Susan""]Sonja, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. I hope things are better for you soon.[/quote]

Thanks Susan! Actually it's been better, though I get little attacks of it if I use my arm in a way my arm doesn't like :P

Wish my eyes were better! Going to the eye doctor tomorrow.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun June 5th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Sorry to learn about the diagnosis for your friend, Diane. Sounds heartbreaking.

Glad you are feeling a little better, SonjaMarie. Hope your eye exam goes well.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sun June 5th, 2011, 7:24 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend Diane, what a dreadful thing to happen.

Glad you're feeling better SonjaMarie, hope the eye exam is OK.
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Tue June 7th, 2011, 7:53 pm

So I was having a little pity party for myself because my workplace is very toxic and it's hard to have a "goodday" when you are surrounded by people that don't like you. However, these posts have put things in perspective and my issue seems quite trivial. I think I needed that!
Brenna

BrianPK
Reader

Post by BrianPK » Tue June 7th, 2011, 10:35 pm

[quote=""Brenna""]So I was having a little pity party for myself because my workplace is very toxic and it's hard to have a "goodday" when you are surrounded by people that don't like you. However, these posts have put things in perspective and my issue seems quite trivial. I think I needed that![/quote]

It can be very nasty working in a bear pit.Happy the person who looks forward,each day, to working with pleasant people.It makes life very agreeable.I hope things improve for you.

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Wed June 8th, 2011, 2:07 am

I wanted to peek in and say that, though it will still probably be some weeks before we know for sure about the diagnosis: my friend's husband is a blessing on feet. He is amazing, the best thing that ever happened to her, and I know I need to be more like him - need to really be there for HER, and not think about my dad, and myself, and blah blah blah blah. There still may be hope this is outright wrong. And even if it isn't: this isn't an 80-year-old woman this disease might be picking on. I am in terror ... but thank good for Mr. Friend. He's aces.
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

Return to “Chat”