Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ben Kane - new website

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
parthianbow
Compulsive Reader

Ben Kane - new website

Post by parthianbow » Fri May 20th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Well, it's been a while in getting it all together, but at last, and in time for my new book release, my website has been relaunched.

I think it looks rather good :D
Ben Kane
Bestselling author of Roman military fiction.
Spartacus - UK release 19 Jan. 2012. US release June 2012.

http://www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Fri May 20th, 2011, 1:23 pm

Looks great, Ben!
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri May 20th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Love those elephants :)

Greg
Reader

Damned Impressive!

Post by Greg » Sat May 21st, 2011, 4:58 am

To Ben Kane
Usually at the announcement of a new website I’m fairly blasé, having seen more than few very ordinary web pages given a light gloss and a bit of tinsel to tart them up.
Ahh not yours, the artwork is spectacular, my compliments to the artist the layout is clear and concise and overall gives an impression of both professionalism and historical accuracy.
Well done it’s a great site!
Regards Greg

Blogging on the Tudors at http://rednedtudormysteries.blogspot.com/

The Liberties of London- Smashwords

The Liberties of London- Amazon Kindle

DianeL
Bibliophile

Post by DianeL » Sat May 21st, 2011, 6:30 pm

That really is a handsome and DISTINCTIVE redesign! Very striking, I like that. Congratulations on that, complimets to Steve Stone, and best of luck with Hannibal - looking forward to the release!
"To be the queen, she agreed to be the widow!"

The pre-modern world was willing to attribute charisma to women well before it was willing to attribute sustained rationality to them.
---Medieval Kingship, Henry A. Myers

http://dianelmajor.blogspot.com/
I'm a Twit: @DianeLMajor

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sun May 22nd, 2011, 1:30 am

Now that is a website that will get attention! Love it, Ben. Makes me want to rush out and buy your book.

parthianbow
Compulsive Reader

Post by parthianbow » Sun May 22nd, 2011, 7:35 pm

Thanks, everyone! I like it so much that I'm still going to the home page occasionally to take a look! :p
Ben Kane

Alisha Marie Klapheke
Avid Reader

Post by Alisha Marie Klapheke » Sun May 22nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

Just visited your new site--really nice. The art is great and everything was easy to navigate. I enjoyed the layout. If you ever have time (ha, right?) you might consider doing a video of some sort. I always love those on book/author websites. Something short, perhaps a little interview at an interesting locale. Maybe you could do one at that Roman festival? Congratulations on your success and good luck in the future.

parthianbow
Compulsive Reader

Post by parthianbow » Mon May 23rd, 2011, 10:13 am

@Alisha Marie: thanks, glad you liked it. It's good to know that you also like those videos, because....I intend to go to Italy to shoot some later in the year. Hannibal ones and Spartacus ones. I'll be sure to post here about it.
Ben Kane

Return to “Author Announcements”