Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Royal Wedding: Talkback thread.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Fri April 29th, 2011, 11:21 pm

I watched on Yahoo! so I had to put up with Barbara Walters' mispronunciations and way too much talking in general. Why do people feel that every stretch of silence must be interrupted?

I wonder how fast the knock-off earrings will be available. In the detail shots you can actually see the little acorns.

My mom commented on how distressed Carole Middleton looked. I suppose this really brings home the fact that her firstborn is all grown up. And if you think about it, it's almost like they're losing her. Won't be any more popping by unexpectedly. Security will be necessary and visits will probably have to be scheduled. Michael and Carole probably won't have as much input into naming the grandchildren as they would have had if Kate had married a non-royal. Their little girl belongs to the whole world now. She will be queen, and she will likely be the mother of a king or queen. I can't imagine watching my little girl embark on such a challenging and demanding course.

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Fri April 29th, 2011, 11:48 pm

My husband said that baldness in men comes from the mother's father. If you remember Earl Spencer (Diana's father, not brother) was sort of bald. Harry is also getting a bald spot, it was quite obvious during the wedding. William kept his pretty much up until 2 years ago, so we should see a difference in Harry by 2013.
Brenna

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat April 30th, 2011, 12:08 am

Does Princess Bea take the silly hat prize?

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Sat April 30th, 2011, 12:16 am

[quote=""annis""]Does Princess Bea take the silly hat prize?

Image[/quote]

Yeah, she wins. Too much eye makeup, and that colour is all wrong for her. Whoever picked that outfit for her must hate her. There was someone else with a blue crescent sprouting out of their forehead.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat April 30th, 2011, 12:18 am

[quote=""annis""]Does Princess Bea take the silly hat prize?

Image[/quote]

Tell me you are joking. Please :( :mad:
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat April 30th, 2011, 1:48 am

I kid you not! I figure someone hates both Bea and Eugenie- both wore outfits that were spectacularly unflattering- no wonder they look so glum :)

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat April 30th, 2011, 1:55 am

[quote=""Telynor""]Yeah, she wins. Too much eye makeup, and that colour is all wrong for her. Whoever picked that outfit for her must hate her. There was someone else with a blue crescent sprouting out of their forehead.[/quote]

If I remember correctly the woman with that hat is Harry's on/off girlfriend.

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Sat April 30th, 2011, 1:59 am

I just saw the back of William's head, I hadn't realized his hair loss was that bad!

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat April 30th, 2011, 2:00 am

For anyone wanting a bit of hat fun, this website has pictures of the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the various wedding hats (including the nefarious blue crescent)

http://bltwy.msnbc.msn.com/politics/roy ... 47.gallery

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat April 30th, 2011, 2:18 am

[quote=""annis""]For anyone wanting a bit of hat fun, this website has pictures of the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the various wedding hats (including the nefarious blue crescent)

http://bltwy.msnbc.msn.com/politics/roy ... 47.gallery[/quote]

:D ;) :) :rolleyes:

Thanks for that and the laughs.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Return to “Chat”