Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Interview with Robin Maxwell and a Question For All of You!

Kelly Hewitt
Scribbler

Interview with Robin Maxwell and a Question For All of You!

Post by Kelly Hewitt » Tue October 14th, 2008, 5:16 am

When I found out that I was going to do an interview with Tudor historical fiction author Robin Maxwell I think I literally jumped up and down. It has been a big week for me, having also interviewed Sharon Kay Penman this week. The thing that bothers me is that my boyfriend, with whom I have some things in common but not all, doesn't have a clue who these people are, why its a big thing, or what could possibly make me happy about chatting with an author.

I wonder, do you all get the same thing? "Yes! A new novel by Sandra Gulland set in the court of Louis XVI!" Only to get blank stares?

For that reason I thought would post a link to my very new Interview with Robin Maxwell here. We chat about the upcoming feature film based on her novel The Wild Irish, the demands of writing a book every two years and perhaps most importantly, her next novel entitled Signora da Vinci which is a story of the Italian Renaissance through the eyes of Leonardo's mother. It features the likes of famed Medici Lorenzo Il Magnifico and a number of other noble and important Italian figures.

Robin is very candid and great to talk with - I hardly had to ask questions, she just share info. Including her feelings about the Tudor Showtime series and the movie adaptation of Gregory's "The Other Boleyn Girl".

Here is a link to the interview. Please do enjoy - and jump up and down a little bit more me.

It's nice to know there are some people who know who Penman and Maxwell are. :)

Here, in case you haven't seen it in other posts, is the Interview with Sharon Kay Penman.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue October 14th, 2008, 9:33 am

Yes, the blank stare is familiar to me. I have to say not only about authors though. I get the blank stare when I talk about how much I read, how much I blog, how often I go to the library. In other words...a lot!
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Tue October 14th, 2008, 11:13 am

I am looking forwrad to her new book Signora da Vinci. And that is crazy that an author has to write a book once every year.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

LCW
Compulsive Reader

Post by LCW » Tue October 14th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Oh yes! I get that look a lot! But it's the same look I give my fiance when he starts talking about 350 something Chevy engines or NASCAR. I have a friend who reads some HF but it's usually the very popular new best sellers. That's OK though, if I was surrounded by people who love HF as much as I do I never would've found this site and would missed out meeting all of you! :)
Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. --Arnold Lobel

JMJacobsen
Reader

Post by JMJacobsen » Tue October 14th, 2008, 5:21 pm

I can't imagine the pressure to churn out books at that pace!

eclecticreader10
Scribbler

Post by eclecticreader10 » Fri October 17th, 2008, 6:02 am

Back at the turn of the century (that sounds so strange) the history channel did a multi part series on the 100 most influential people in the last millenium. Each night as they counted down thru the 100 I kept trying to figure out who would be in the top 10. I was utterly facinated. I wanted to discuss it with my co-workers, but they just looked at me like I was nuts. They didn't care, how sad.

This would make a good topic for a new thread. According to the History Channel the person whose contribution most influenced the world today was ...........................................................................................

are you ready?

Guttenberg

Judith
Scribbler

Post by Judith » Fri October 17th, 2008, 5:52 pm

I get that blank stare from my husband! :) Great interview! I now have another author to add to my list!! :D

Return to “By Author”