Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RIP. Eyza (Anne Gilbert

Ken
Compulsive Reader

RIP. Eyza (Anne Gilbert

Post by Ken » Wed January 26th, 2011, 1:53 pm

By accident today, while on FB, I noticed many tributes being paid to one of our own - EYZA (Anne Gilbert), who passed away just after Christmas. She had been ill with cancer for some time.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed January 26th, 2011, 2:11 pm

I did not know EYZA but I am sorry to hear of this.

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed January 26th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Sad to hear! I remember her from the old forum, though I can't remember her name there. Eyza was the name of her neanderthal protagonist, she was writing something set in the middle ages with a time-slip element. Older generation (like me--a boomer), lived in Seattle.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 26th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Thanks Ken, I recall her from the old board and I've spotted her here and there on the net but wasn't aware she was ill.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Wed January 26th, 2011, 6:28 pm

[quote=""MLE""]Sad to hear! I remember her from the old forum, though I can't remember her name there. Eyza was the name of her neanderthal protagonist, she was writing something set in the middle ages with a time-slip element. Older generation (like me--a boomer), lived in Seattle.[/quote]

Anne was apparently very well respected in anthropological (and other) circles and was a renowned friend of Seattle library. Her passing has evoked literally hundreds of messages of condolence posted on FB. Here is one particular one. Check out the comments:

http://friendsofspl.wordpress.com/2008/ ... ct-8-2008/

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Wed January 26th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Wow - I remember her as well from the old site and I think she had a blog too that I had in my Google reader. How sad. Thanks for sharing the info.

stu1883
Avid Reader
Location: I live in Bristol, England with my wife Nicki & our kittens Boomer & Magic

Post by stu1883 » Thu January 27th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear of her passing, I did not know her but she obviously meant a lot to many contributors on here.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Fri January 28th, 2011, 4:10 am

I dont remember her, but I think I would if I saw her avatar.

Still sad for those who knew her.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Ken
Compulsive Reader

Post by Ken » Fri January 28th, 2011, 8:13 am

[quote=""Divia""]I dont remember her, but I think I would if I saw her avatar.

Still sad for those who knew her.[/quote]

You can see her Avatar under the name Eyza in the members list. I think it was a reconstruction of a neanderthal head on an original skull.

Return to “Chat”