Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Worst Thing Today

Michelle2
Scribbler

Post by Michelle2 » Thu August 28th, 2008, 11:16 am

Came home from work and someone weed whacked my wall of plants and wildflowers in the front yard. Obviously intentional as it was a minimum of four feet tall, and one plant had a stem 2 inches in diameter. I am sooooooo pizzed!!!!!!!

TerriPray
Reader

Post by TerriPray » Thu August 28th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Went to do my 2 miles at the gym. Been back there for a week now. But at half a mile I had to stop, my chest was tight and I knew my lupus was playing up. Cursed the entire way back to the house, until my Sam told me I can't be upset about it.

Being upset about something I live with on a daily basis is a waste of time, still...

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun August 31st, 2008, 10:49 pm

I was hoping to be done with germs, but my son has woken up with a sore throat etc. Looks like another day at home.

Judith
Scribbler

Post by Judith » Mon September 1st, 2008, 12:06 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]I was hoping to be done with germs, but my son has woken up with a sore throat etc. Looks like another day at home.[/quote]

That's to bad, Marg. :( Hope your son is feeling better soon and that you don't come down with it.

Judith
Scribbler

Post by Judith » Mon September 1st, 2008, 12:07 am

[quote=""pat""]Me again. There is a bad cough going round. We have all had it, some of us more than once. I have it again. My throat is sore, my chest aches from coughing, and it is making my head ache. I am opening windows at home to try and blow it through, but so far it is not working. We have had it in the house for nearly a month.

I am now coughing so much I am only just stopping mysellf from vomiting. Not good when out.[/quote]

Pat , hope your feeling better soon, too.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon September 1st, 2008, 12:08 am

Hope you all feel better!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Mon September 1st, 2008, 12:35 am

[quote=""Judith""]Pat , hope your feeling better soon, too.[/quote]

Thanks, feel much better now!

Marg, sorry he is poorly, I know how you both feel! Hope he is better soon.
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Mon September 1st, 2008, 9:09 am

Well my 'Worst Thing Today' hasn't happened, yet, but it will be the arrival of Gustav.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Mon September 1st, 2008, 2:13 pm

Ok not earthshattering, but its the last day of vacation and tomrrow I have to start a job I will hate working with an age group I dislike...strongly. Its going to be a horrible school year. :(
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon September 1st, 2008, 2:24 pm

[quote=""Divia""]Ok not earthshattering, but its the last day of vacation and tomrrow I have to start a job I will hate working with an age group I dislike...strongly. Its going to be a horrible school year. :( [/quote]

I have a similar situation. It is also my last day of vacation and I am going back to school tomorrow, but the kids don't come until Wednesday and I am also working with a new grade that I am not crazy about. I had taught 6th grade language arts literacy and now I am teaching 8th grade language arts literacy. 6th graders and 8th graders are quite different animals, so I am a bit nervous. Good news (which I'll put here) is that after working in a school built in the 1920s with no air conditioning and no parking, I am going to a brand new school with air conditioning and an underground parking garage!
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Return to “Chat”