Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We're BAAACK!

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I can't find an avatar sig either. Boswell, I tried clicking on your link and got a box with 'no avatar specified'. It wouldn't let me uncheck the box to load it.
Teething problems but at least we have a forum!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:40 pm

By the way, some older book reviews can be retrieved via the Web Archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/200712270114 ... eviews.php

It looks like only those reviews posted in that section in 2006 and earlier are there. The archive software didn't appear to track forum threads, so ones posted in the forums are probably gone.

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:43 pm

I see some people have been able to get their signatures to work - for some reason, mine is not showing up. I clicked on the box to "displayit" - is there something else I need to do?

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:45 pm

Never mind, it's there now!

lindymc
Reader

Post by lindymc » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:56 pm

WOW! Hat's off to boswellbaxter. Due to a really dumb misstep on my part, I created a real problem with registering my user name. With all the responsibilities she faced creating this great new site, our super administrator got my problem corrected. Thank you!!!

Ash
Bibliomaniac

Post by Ash » Mon August 25th, 2008, 11:57 pm

Yeah!!!! I had just joined a month or so ago and I'd quickly got hooked. So the idea of the forum not being there was just horrid, withdrawal symptoms were in sight. Thanks to all of the mods for getting together and bringing this up. It would be esp cool if the old stuff can be retrieved, but if not, as a poster above said, we'll just have to read and discuss those books all over again!

BTW out of curiousity - were we able to get in touch with the owners, or they were just AWOL?

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue August 26th, 2008, 12:16 am

[quote=""Ash""]

BTW out of curiousity - were we able to get in touch with the owners, or they were just AWOL?[/quote]

I was wondering that.

Can I make a suggestion....if you have changed your name, can you please show the one we know in your sig perhaps? That way we will know who we are talking too!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

pat
Avid Reader

Post by pat » Tue August 26th, 2008, 12:46 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]

One way to get the site off to a good start would be for those of you who have posted book reviews in the past to repost them.

Welcome back![/quote]

Done! Well, the ones I can find are!!!
A good book and a good coffee, what more can anyone want? xx

Cuchulainn
Reader

Post by Cuchulainn » Tue August 26th, 2008, 12:59 am

Very cool! I'm really impressed that this site was created in the time it was.

It's good to see Historical Fiction back, and it's good to be back. I toyed with the idea of changing my user name, and then didn't.

Cheers everybody!

Michelle2
Scribbler

Post by Michelle2 » Tue August 26th, 2008, 3:05 am

I hadn't been on the "old" site lately due to time issues but just found out from a post on another site by Tanzanite (thanks, Daphne!!!) Gosh, how sad....what happened? That was the first real forum I belonged to and have had so much fun over the years.

Return to “Chat”