Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prince William & Kate Middleton Are Finally Engaged

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Prince William & Kate Middleton Are Finally Engaged

Post by SonjaMarie » Tue November 16th, 2010, 6:25 pm

After 8 years of on and off, they've announced their engagement today. William has given Kate his mother's engagement ring. The wedding will be sometime next year.

I hope them all the best in the world and hope their marriage lasts.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=prin ... 988919fe30

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Tue November 16th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Yes, best wishes to them both. I hope that they will be happy together.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Tue November 16th, 2010, 9:20 pm

I'm glad they've finally put an end to all the speculation! I think they make a very handsome couple, and I hope the engagement ring will bring more happiness to Kate than it did to Diana.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue November 16th, 2010, 9:58 pm

[quote=""Michy""]I'm glad they've finally put an end to all the speculation! I think they make a very handsome couple, and I hope the engagement ring will bring more happiness to Kate than it did to Diana.[/quote]

So do I. The royal track record isn't very good. But Kate is nearly 10 years older than Diana was and has a much better idea of what she's letting herself in for. Hope they can make it work.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Tue November 16th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Hurray!!!!

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed November 17th, 2010, 12:03 am

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]So do I. The royal track record isn't very good. But Kate is nearly 10 years older than Diana was and has a much better idea of what she's letting herself in for. Hope they can make it work.[/quote] True. And Kate has also dated William for much longer than Diana dated Charles -- so she's had more premarital experience with life in the fishbowl and dealing with papparazzi. Although I'm sure it will get much more intense now..... And, of course, the romantic in me hopes that William is marrying her because he really loves her, and not because he's being pressured to produce an heir.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed November 17th, 2010, 12:47 am

Wonderful news. Best wishes for the couple.

Hope I'll be able to watch the wedding online.

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Wed November 17th, 2010, 12:57 am

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Hope I'll be able to watch the wedding online[/quote]

I'm sure the wedding will be shown on American television.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed November 17th, 2010, 12:59 am

The girl in me can't wait to see the dress, and crown eekkk. Or would it be tiara. Well whatever, its still exciting.

I think they have exposed her to royal life so she knows whats coming. Whichi s better than what they did to poor Di and just dropped her in it. I'm sure there will be some adjusting.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Wed November 17th, 2010, 1:16 am

[quote=""Divia""]The girl in me can't wait to see the dress, and crown eekkk. Or would it be tiara. Well whatever, its still exciting.

[/quote] If Kate's other clothing choices are any indication, her wedding dress will be classy and elegant. She always looks so good in her clothes -- of course, it helps that she's got a body to die for! :) And a very cute face -- she even looks good in those obligatory but ridiculous hats!! :p

Return to “Chat”