Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

ABBA Commentary

chuck
Bibliophile

ABBA Commentary

Post by chuck » Sat November 13th, 2010, 5:22 pm

The other night I watched a fundraising show on PBS and they were featuring ABBA videos/Concerts...Then featured "ABBA..The Movie"...Needless to say I was mesmerized by the ABBA costumes/the 70's and the Movie was a real hoot....I forgot ABBA was huge in Australia(then I remembered that delightful film "Muriel's Wedding" ....Point is I use to run from/had much disdain for ABBA tunes/Disco.....That evening I found myself foot tapping and humming to "Dancing Queen"....Yikes..I still love Rock and Roll....But very puzzling....BTW I can't get DQ song out of my head.....Help!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Sat November 13th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Have you seen Mamma Mia!? That'll get some other ABBA songs stuck in your head.

SarahWoodbury
Avid Reader

Post by SarahWoodbury » Sun November 14th, 2010, 1:45 am

So weird to have you post this! ABBA came up at my meeting today . . . Someone's 3 year old daughter had a second-hand tape player and her mom had found an old ABBA tape. The girl was 'totally smitten' said her dad!

chuck
Bibliophile

Abba

Post by chuck » Sun November 14th, 2010, 3:16 am

[quote=""SarahWoodbury""]So weird to have you post this! ABBA came up at my meeting today . . . Someone's 3 year old daughter had a second-hand tape player and her mom had found an old ABBA tape. The girl was 'totally smitten' said her dad![/quote]

Thanks I needed that......

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun November 14th, 2010, 10:13 pm

I love ABBA - so does my 19 year old daughter. I used to have one of their CDs in my car and would listen to it when she was young - she's loved them ever since. We went to see the movie version of Momma Mia the weekend it opened. Some day I"d like to see the stage version.

Return to “Movies, Television, Radio, and Music”