Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Giveaway of A&E History Expert series

Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here.
Forum rules
Please read "A Note to Authors" in the Board Rules before posting here. This is the place for actively participating forum members who are also authors to post news about newly released books, book deals, book tours, blog tours, public appearances, awards, etc. Author members who are active in other areas of the forum, other than in self-promotion, are welcome to post here; those who post only here or who post only self-promotional material on the forum will be considered for deletion as spammers. Please reserve this forum for truly newsworthy items; reviews of your books or notifications of new blog posts you make, for example, are not considered newsworthy for purposes of this forum.
Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Giveaway of A&E History Expert series

Post by Catherine Delors » Tue August 17th, 2010, 3:21 pm

It's not histfic, but it might still be of interest to some members here:

http://blog.catherinedelors.com/a-givea ... rt-series/

It is for the entire 6-part series, a $80 value. I was surprised myself to be approached by A&E, since I had only done book giveaways, but maybe this is a new trend...

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Tue August 17th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Yay! For once a blog accepts my comment! I'm so in on this!

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, Catherine. Some lucky person is going to be very happy to win this giveaway.

Catherine Delors
Avid Reader

Post by Catherine Delors » Tue August 17th, 2010, 7:40 pm

Hold on, LoveHistory, I can't see your comment... Did it take? If you send me a PM or email, I will enter you myself to make sure you are in.

Yes, it is unusual to see giveaways of items of this value, since it is the entire series. I have also been contacted by PBS for a program they are going to release on PBS re: Lafayette. So far it is for a review, but there may be a giveaway as well. I would love to be able to offer things of this nature to blog readers on a regular basis.

Stay tuned!

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed August 18th, 2010, 2:30 am

That's funny. I saw my comment. Hmm. Do you have automatic comment moderating?

Return to “Author Announcements”