Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Search Terms People Use to Reach HFO

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Wed January 6th, 2010, 5:07 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]Mine certainly are! I have appointed times when I can sit in my reading chair. Any other time is met with outraged hisses.[/quote]

And if you take the chair when the cat isn't in it... your book becomes a new chair.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed January 6th, 2010, 6:06 am

Lol! It's a standing joke in our house that the cat and I have a running battle over the possession of my favourite reading chair. I mean, there are any umber of chairs she could have, but no, it has to be that one! Luckily she's reasonably philosophical about being summarily ousted, but as soon as I get up she sneaks right back.

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed January 6th, 2010, 3:24 pm

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]In the meantime, here's a movie just begging to be made:

lady jane grey young guns ii[/quote]

Synopsis--

Sensing danger around her, Lady Jane Grey hires a band of outlaws to protect and assist her in her escape from England. This unique group must evade and outwit Jane's own family (and their armies and spies) as well as international mercenaries hired by none other than the Pope himself to track down the errant heiress as part of his plan to restore England to the Catholic Church. Will Jane succeed in her quest for freedom? And will she find love in the process? Find out this summer!

[Opening in select theaters June 10th. This film is not yet rated.]

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 6th, 2010, 3:34 pm

[quote=""annis""]Lol! It's a standing joke in our house that the cat and I have a running battle over the possession of my favourite reading chair. I mean, there are any umber of chairs she could have, but no, it has to be that one! Luckily she's reasonably philosophical about being summarily ousted, but as soon as I get up she sneaks right back.[/quote]

:D :p :o

Boy last night she took over the spot I had every intention of sitting and reading in and would not budge (I got the I will swat you with my claws extended look). Not even when it was time for me to go to bed would she budge. I had to sleep on the opposite side. :mad:
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Wed January 6th, 2010, 3:53 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Synopsis--

Sensing danger around her, Lady Jane Grey hires a band of outlaws to protect and assist her in her escape from England. This unique group must evade and outwit Jane's own family (and their armies and spies) as well as international mercenaries hired by none other than the Pope himself to track down the errant heiress as part of his plan to restore England to the Catholic Church. Will Jane succeed in her quest for freedom? And will she find love in the process? Find out this summer!

[Opening in select theaters June 10th. This film is not yet rated.][/quote]

Love it! I can see Lady Jane now popping out of her gown.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Wed January 6th, 2010, 5:28 pm

OMG LoveHistory - that synopsis was hilarious!

BoswellBaxter, I loved those searches really funny. Your editorial comments only made them funnier. Thank you for sharing. I really needed to have a good laugh!
Andrea

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Wed January 6th, 2010, 5:31 pm

[quote=""LoveHistory""]Synopsis--

[Opening in select theaters June 10th. This film is not yet rated.][/quote]

Hehehe. Now it just needs cast.

Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

Post by Rowan » Wed January 6th, 2010, 7:27 pm

I used to look up those things whenever I had a tracker for my old Blogger site. Now I dunno if it can be done on Wordpress. They were all as entertaining for me too. :D

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Tue June 1st, 2010, 1:40 pm

Here are some search terms people used to find us in May, along with commentary:

i have bifocals 2010 college

Well, I had bifocals too in my youth, but I see no need to brag about it.

historical fiction convent

That sounds sort of fun.

do witches think of herons as protectors

Melusine, what do you think?

how to deal with russian stress accents

Just take a deep breath, and if that doesn't work, pop a Valium.

how did they use ships in rome?

Most likely on the water.

being called an anglo-saxon is an insult

Note to self: do not call a touchy poster an Anglo-Saxon.

is elizabeth woodville bald

It's a little-known fact, but this is actually how Richard, Duke of Gloucester got her to release her younger son into his care--by threatening to reveal Elizabeth's baldness. Remember, you heard it here first.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Tue June 1st, 2010, 2:06 pm

Thanks for the FU, boswellbaxter. I needed the laugh! :D
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

Return to “Chat”